Engineering Manager – 343 Industries (Halo)
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: September 21, 2017
Reference ID: 1070964
343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team working on the next big Halo shooter experience.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
• Be accountable for developing a highly functional team that delivers high quality features on time.
• Oversee the hiring of additional engineers and mentor the team
• Partner with the technical leads to develop and communicate engineering roadmaps.
• Consult on a regular basis with project leadership to align expectations and deliverables
• Provide clarity for your team and deal with ambiguity
• 5+ years in technical leadership and management
• 10+ years of professional game engineering experience
• Experience shipping current generation AAA console game
• Experience developing on PC, Xbox 360 and/or Xbox One platforms
• Solid understanding of game engines and their pipelines/workflows
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and collaboration
• Ability to understand a large codebase and make wide spread changes
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.