Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to join a join a newly formed team that will create the platform to power eBay’s digital personal assistant to shop and sell on the world’s biggest marketplace. You will lead a self-contained agile team of full stack engineers to build this new platform from the ground up paving the way for the next generation of technology at eBay. You will collaborate with architects, product, design and engineering leaders to design a full stack of solutions & lead the team of engineers to bring these solutions brilliantly to life.
- Cultivate and mentor top talent, recruiting and hiring excellent engineers
- Partner with product management in building the strategy, roadmap & setting the product & engineering discipline for this newly formed ta
- Lead technical discovery and prototyping efforts
- Partner with other key teams across eBay aligning architecture & roadmaps to ensure successful and timely delivery of committed feature set
- Relentlessly manage priorities, address talent gaps and create an open, innovative culture that blends well with the daily execution.
- Ensure new feature development adheres to eBay standards for quality, performance, and automated testability
- Be the voice of the user in striving for simplicity, performance and ease of use in everything we develop
- Bring passion for technology, and strong desire to deliver results by working in a collaborative, cross-discipline environments
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in teaching and leading by example and mentoring both junior and senior engineers.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field plus 12 years work experience or MS plus 10 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of direct line management of highly technical resources
- Experienced in leading small self-contained agile development teams.
- Strong technical skills and critical thinking, and ability to communicate vision to diverse technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to drive influence and encourage others to think critically, extensible about products they build & deliver, and drive alignment
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, tight schedules, tight integration with QA and product management
- Knowledge of big data and machine learning is a plus
- Experience with conversational platforms, Natural Language Processing/Natural Language a plus
- Strong work ethic, someone who takes great pride in professionalism, responsibility, and being proactive.
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.