Eaton’s Filtration division is a leader in liquid filtration that can help companies improve product quality, increase manufacturing efficiency, protect employees and equipment, and help achieve sustainability goals. We help our customers make liquid products and processes clean and pure whether they are involved in sanitary processes like pharmaceutical, food and beverage; industrial water, petrochemicals, marine, automotive, municipal water, agriculture and construction equipment; or power generation from coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydropower and wind.
Eaton is currently looking for a Hydraulics Product Line Engineering Manager. This position has Global engineering responsibility for our Hydraulic Filtration product portfolio including our hydraulic & lubrication filters, contamination monitoring systems, purifying systems, and clogging indicators. This position will manage the Engineering function through new product development, product customizations, product support, product line maintenance, and product rationalization. Direct oversight over the global hydraulic filtration engineering team.
Essential job duties include:
- Lead a group of engineers and designers in the sales order engineering activities. Ensure all product designs comply with the appropriate industry and customer standards (criteria & revision).
- Lead product line development projects through Eaton’s phase gate development process (PROLaunch) as well as leading VA/VE efforts to support market needs and profitability goals.
- Ensures excellence in Engineering through the use of best practice methods, processes and tools.
- Manage direct personnel development including performance reviews, training plans, and development needs. Accurately access and utilize the capabilities of others, positively motivating others to succeed. In addition, manage talent in and out of the organization as necessary.
- Establish balanced scorecard metrics and continuously monitor to improve team performance and alignment to region and divisional goals.
- Review and approve technical documentation including but not limited to change orders and requests, drawings, specifications, calculations, bills of material, test plans and technical reports.
- Utilize a broad base of knowledge to rapidly and efficiently design, develop, test, maintain and continuously improve products and reliability.
- Rapidly respond to both customer and internal technical support needs.
- Manage the hydraulic filtration engineering budget within profit plan expectations.
- Promote teamwork with manufacturing engineers, supply chain, and planners to ensure proper handoff of designs to global manufacturing sites for customer orders.
- Maintain close liaison with the sales and marketing functions and end customers, as related to application reviews, new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, customer prototype qualification test requirements and resolving product performance deficiencies.
- Lead the generation of new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets.
- Report on progress of projects and identify critical issues that need to be addressed utilizing sound communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Engineering
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Management training or experience is preferred.
- Basic understanding of Finance and Accounting.
- A thorough technical knowledge of pressure vessel design and manufacturing, including product design, test and evaluation, and the relevant manufacturing methods and processes.
- Experience with filtration hardware and media is preferred
- Experience with industrial and mobile hydraulic applications and systems
- The ability to effectively supervise people and motivate subordinates, while maintaining organizational harmony and meeting scheduled deadlines.
- To initiate preventative, rather than corrective Engineering action.
- Strong problem solving and Project Management skills.
- Ability to manage engineering subordinates at remote locations.
- Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with functions outside of Engineering
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.