Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Manager of Engineering and Technology to provide oversight and management of the Engineering team supporting the design and manufacture of aerospace fasteners. This position is located at our aerospace fastener manufacturing plant in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
Oversight and management of engineering staff responsible for:
- Product Development and Qualification including deployment of new or derivative products, implementation of systems to ensure repeatable production, and fulfillment of customer requirements for product use.
- Configuration control including responsibility for the system to review and incorporate customer requirements in a timely manner, and to maintain internal documentation.
- Process Management including evaluation of processes, implementation of manufacturing or other process improvements including risk management and control of documentation associated with internal processes.
- Capital equipment justification and implementation.
- Development of cost effective manufacturing methods
- Customer interaction including assistance and product evaluation.
- Managing allocation of resources, assessing annual performance in support of company goals.
- Maintains and sets expectations, provides resources, audits performance, counsels employees, trains and sets policy and practices to exceed department goals.
- Leads team to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual performance goals.
- Ensures operations metrics are well known and tracks daily progress towards achieving objectives and mitigating risks.
- Works with managers across all functional lines to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Actively participates in the implementation and sustaining of Lean Manufacturing (ABS) principles and practices.
- Demonstrates continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
- Exhibits and promotes behaviors on the plant floor that leads to an engaged work force.
- Implements company policies such as attendance, overtime, safety, environmental, etc., and directs the application of such policies to the product group's operation.
- Assesses employee performance and mentors staff.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and vendors. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills including Excel spreadsheets, and graphs
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 10 years of Engineering experience in manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of Engineering Managerial experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering, from an accredited institution.
- Master's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in a high volume, discrete manufacturing environment
- Engineering experience in the aerospace fastener industry
- Engineering experience in the Aerospace or Automotive industry
- Demonstrated experience with customer interaction
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience managing capital budgets
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.