Engineering Manager, Power and Lighting (Job Number: 024732)
Corporate Office - 106 WILMOT RD
106 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Support Company strategies through the proactive management of Asset Management store care services. Accountable for overseeing the efficient operation of store care services for the company's portfolio of stores. Collaboration within Asset Management and the Facilities Division, as well as among other Company stakeholders. The Manager of Store Care Programs will contribute to developing and adhering to program budgets. Responsible for service provider/vendor coordination for store care programs. Core competencies shall include the ability to communicate with credibility. Responsible for implementing value creation and continuous improvement strategies. Store care services include all interior and exterior maintenance programs. Job Responsibilities
- Implements store care programs that are aligned with Company strategies, budgets, and expectations, among key stakeholders, including:
- Individuals, departments, and divisions within the organization
- Service providers, vendors, and/or contractors
- Manufacturers and/or suppliers
- Daily oversight of store care programs to ensure efficient and compliant delivery of services.
- Coordination among Asset Management team members to deliver store care programs (including corporate and field based personnel).
- Creates value through oversight of store care programs by promoting continuous improvement.
- Assists with developing program budgets, as well as adhering to annual expense controls for store care programs.
- Supports scope of service development for store care program implementation.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 five years of experience in asset management OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 8 years of experience in asset management.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and with strategic business partners in a matrix organization.
- Experience responding to inquiries and/or complaints.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Professional Engineering licensure
- Experience in retail healthcare industry.
- Proven analytical & problem solving skills
- At least 5 years of experience in Electrical or Lighting Project Management, Electrical or Lighting Construction Management, and Electrical or Lighting Construction Management.
- At least 3 years of experience managing and working with construction and engineering practices including budgeting, estimating and scheduling.
- Experience with AutoCAD/BIM Software.
- Experience with managing and analyzing data at a portfolio level.
- Good general communications skills; verbal and written.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.