Ethicon Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of
Companies, is currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager, Product
Management located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business
offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures,
surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are
used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures.
Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions,
women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical
Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy
companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based
in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in
suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and
effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years
ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the
revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to
lead the industry today.
Engineering Manager, Product Management will be responsible
- Portfolio management and project leadership of ‘Keep
the Lights On’ lifecycle engineering projects requiring design changes due
to material changes and raw material obsolescence.
- Creation and leadership of a team of engineering
project managers to execute lifecycle projects to ensure consistency of
customer experience, excellent quality, and delivery assurance.
- The scope of the team’s responsibility encompasses
cross-function team leadership, project management, design change control,
manufacturing process design and qualification, manufacturing pilot and product
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Portfolio management of KTLO projects within the LCM
governance process and portfolio.
- Communication to senior leadership on the status of the
KTLO portfolio, project performance, business risks, and mitigations.
- Lead efforts to ensure quality, delivery, and reduce
costs for improved product performance and business results.
- Lead cross-functional team in executing project
objectives and product development according to a written, approved
- Work with partner groups to gain alignment and support
to achieve project objectives.
- Capture and disseminate knowledge acquired during
projects to improve product development processes and systems.
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to team
members; support personnel to assist in skills development.
- Ensure that domestic and global market strategy,
assumptions, business opportunities are measured and periodically reviewed
throughout duration of project execution.
- Develop comprehensive project plans.
- Provide direct communication to management on progress,
opportunities and issues.
- Obtain resources from functional organizations, support
groups and outside sources to ensure project success.
- Continuously re-evaluate project to determine validity
of concept assumptions.
- Foster teamwork within team, between team, and other
- Provide career development guidance to direct reports.
- Supervise direct reports. Domestic and international
travel, up to 40%.
EDUCATION / DEGREE REQUIRED:
- BS / BA in an engineering, scientific, marketing,
general business required.
- MBA or Advanced technical degree desirable.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, required.
- Experience in the product development / marketing
process, general or life cycle management.
- Proven record of accomplishment: direct association
with or leading efforts to develop technically complex products from
concept to market.
- Experience in medical or industrial marketing and
If you want to explore the many small-company environments
behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies,
bid on this position today!
Johnson & Johnson is committed to diversity and invites
all interested candidates to apply for positions of interest. EOE M/F/D/V
Please note: In order to be considered eligible for an
interview, candidates must apply online through the appropriate web portal.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.