Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
Currently, PSCNA has an immediate opening available for a Manager, Engineering.
- Recognized as one of the leaders in developing and providing professional media content creation systems, Panasonic is seeking to hire full time Engineering Manager to lead its Broadcast, Cinema and Professional Video Systems engineering and technology team.
- The Engineering Manager is a leadership role responsible for overall technology strategy, product development direction and staff training agenda in collaboration with sales and product management along with factory engineering management. Is to be the primary company technology spokesperson to effectively present company’s business interests for USA market within industry associations/conferences, trade events, standards groups, media interviews and with key customers.
- Manage direct reports & provide engineering leadership which develops responsive technical actions in support of business goals and highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with product management to secure voice of customer for product enhancements, new product concepts, development ideas along with documenting market and technology analysis to justify PSCNA Professional Video product roadmap and drive new technology development direction with a global view of industry direction with a focus on new, emerging technologies and systems applications.
- Leads the development of technical and product feature data which are incorporated into group product training and technology education agendas along with customer presentations. Leads engineering staff with trade show engineering design and implementation in support of product management and marketing objectives.
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion. #LI-NR1 Qualifications: Education & Experience :
Problem Solving :
- Bachelor degree in Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years' experience in professional media or imaging industry
- Experience in project management, staff development and indirect team collaboration
- Highly energetic leader who is relentless in achieving team goals and improving business results
- Customer focused with passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Detailed and organized with focus on developing accurate communication journals outlining market needs and direction
Other Requirements :
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with highest level business and engineering executives in media industry to present and communicate Panasonic technologies.
- Must be activity involved in all levels of industry events, associations / organizations and end user customers in order to gather market needs, recognize emerging technologies and industry direction in order to communicate such knowledge to overseas factory engineering and executive management for participation in short and long range company strategic planning.
- Ability to present highly technical information to team members, factory staff & various technical levels of customers in a professional persuasive way
- 50% travel required
- Continuous focus on team involvement and collective growth within a high pressure, fast-paced work environment
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.