- Lead process improvement projects within supplier's manufacturing, engineering and administration operations;
- Design, develop, and test integrated systems for managing industrial production processes to ensure company and client standards are met;
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, materials and utilities, in addition to determining the design, processes, and footprint to improve supplier performance;
- Apply Black Belt and lean manufacturing principles to complete cost reduction projects in order to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual savings;
- Prepare process plans to track project performance;
- Conduct MBBP gap analysis;
- Create and implement recovery plans;
- Use Six Sigma, Kaizen, VA/VE tools and techniques to measure, analyze, improve and control project processes.
- Utilize experience with value stream and/or process maps to develop and implement manufacturing processes;
- Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent degree, in Industrial Engineering or a related field, and 5 years of experience in a related engineering occupation; or, Master's degree, or foreign equivalent degree, in Industrial Engineering or a related field and 3 years of experience in a related engineering occupation.
- The position also requires experience with value stream and/or process maps to develop and implement manufacturing processes;
- 5 years of experience with lean manufacturing, including experience leading projects incorporating 5S and kanban methodologies
- Experience leading Kaizen events focused on improving manufacturing production processes resulting in costs reduction.
- Position also requires Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Position requires up to 30% of national and international travel.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.