The Engineering Mgr Energy Solutions is part of our Building Efficiency business at Johnson Controls.
Under general direction manages the capacity and staffing of the resource team. Manages the assigned PSA portfolio, including scheduling, staffing, renewals and transactional activity. Reviews and approves all M&V plans as developed by Market Team Engineering Managers. Leads professional development, adherence to the Solutions best business practices, managing & mentoring of the engineers. Establishes team objectives and manages team efforts to achieve assigned productivity. Plans, schedules and controls performance assurance activities. Hires, retains, performance manages, and plans for career development of direct reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports. Responsible for the management and execution of M&V PSAs and ensures the resource team has operational control and accountability to execute the PSAs and prepare and deliver the reconciliation reports. Drives mitigation and remediation efforts for guarantee shortfall situations. Depending on span of control, self performs engineering for projects. Region Assigned Portfolio:
Responsible for development and performance engineering for the project portfolio within the Region not assigned to a Market team. Responsible for Region projects, determining resource levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors workforce levels to ensure conformance with the scope of work. Each engineering resource team manages and executes a portfolio of PSAs to maintain proper governance for the M&V activity. PSAs are accounted for on the region's P&L. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
1. With the Regional Director, Engineering, establishes the Resource Team plan for staffing levels and takes action to achieve that plan. Hires, retains, performance manages, and plans for career development of the Resources teams. Ensures adherence to Company policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives regarding human resource management. Tracks changing trends in the marketplace and takes action to adjust organization accordingly.
- Ensures that the market teams are properly supported with engineering resources. Works with Market Teams and Area General Managers to review manpower levels, providing manpower forecasts and plans for support of the Market Teams and assigned PSA portfolio.
- Manages the M&V PSA portfolio by monitoring performance engineering results - PSA financials and CGR reports, assisting market teams with subject matter experts on development when appropriate, including representing JCI to customers on complex M&V matters. Ensures the financial management and bookings of all Measurement and Verification Service Contracts managed out of the Solutions Branch.
4. Develop and drives mitigation strategies for any potential or actual shortfall situations and leads the remediation effort. Represents JCI to the customer in shortfall situations.
5. Ensures compliances to M&V PSA's policies that ensure one time measurements are managed and executed by the market team engineering but provides support from the resource team as needed, but maintains operational control and accountability
Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Directs the efforts of the Resources Team to provide specific functional and technical expertise, including presentation assistance, estimating, technical and financial analysis, etc.
- Implements JCI's standardized tools and processes. Establishes tracks and reports various performance metrics.
- Serves as an active member of the Energy Solutions engineering leadership team by providing Regional and Area performance information in an accurate and timely fashion, and working with and supporting other Corporate and Regional leaders to establish standards, resource sharing and incorporating "Best Practices", reporting performance metrics, establishing and actualizing learning programs.
- Remains current on engineering standards and practices. Provides team with industry knowledge, and leverages field applications and best practices. Directs the Team in developing and maintaining competitively advantaged "Best Practices", analyses, current competitive information and profiles, and effective presentations and proposals. Represents Johnson Controls, Inc. in professional and market related organizations on a Regional or National basis.
- Promotes adherence to JCI safety policies.
- Reviews and approves of all M&V plans as required by the Solutions Governance process and workflow plans for every project as it is developed by the Market Teams.
- When self performing, leads or supports detailed development of projects. Validates assumptions made during solution design. Builds a detailed cost estimate and scope of work for assigned projects in conjunction with Operations. Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents. Utilizes specialized functional expertise as a project development team member. Has a high degree of technical competence in multiple functional areas, capable of assessing design risk and being accountable for all elements of large projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, or a related technical field, MBA or other appropriate graduate degree desirable. Requires eight or more years of engineering building-related systems or services. Registered Professional Engineer, Masters in Business Administration, or Advanced Engineering degree highly recommended. Proven leadership skills and experience in managing a technical team requiring multi-project management skills. Strong process orientation and development skills with the ability to motivate subordinates. Strong planning and organization skills. Experience in recruiting and developing people. Previous exposure to facility operations and cost accounting. Excellent business analysis capabilities. Strong Project Management skills are necessary. Formal report writing experience, and excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary. Possesses solid working knowledge of common computer applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.). Travel approximately 30%, primarily within Region.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.