Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility,
is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune's 500, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission
has awarded Johnston-Willis Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval
and named us a Top Performer on surgical care
, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack, and hip and knee replacement. Our ER is also the only state-authorized Level III Trauma Center
in Chesterfield County. ENGINEERING OPERATIONS MANAGER CHELLENGES AND TASKS
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB. Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Responsible for construction and renovation projects.
- Responsible for miscellaneous projects performed by the in-house staff or outside contractors as required.
- Oversees the proper function and maintenance of the building and equipment, as applicable.
- Communicates with other departments as conditions dictate.
- Serves and participates on committees and task forces as requested.
- Participates in the recruiting and selecting of staff.
- Monitors employees to ensure a safe and healthful working environment.
- Participates in State, Local, JCAHO, and OSHA surveys.
- Responsible for Departmental Quality Assurance/Quality improvements activities.
- Provides direction and advice to department leadership.
- Knowledge of chiller, cooling towers, and boilers.
Required: High school graduate with additional education in either electrical or mechanical systems.
Preferred: College graduate with management training. EXPERIENCE
Required: 10 - 15 Years engineering/maintenance experience in hospital setting.
Preferred: Supervisory Experience.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom