We are seeking a Product Assurance Specialist (1st shift) to work at our Monroe, North Carolina site.
This position will support all departments in the MARS (Machine Shop, APR (Air purification filters) Rubber Mold, SBAS (compressors) team for assigned shift. This role will advise design engineering on selection, application and test of electronic components and systems. Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability. Determines reliability requirements of components and systems to achieve company, customer and any governmental agency reliability objectives. Develops new acceleration techniques and analytical tools to assure the early identification of potential problems with new products, packaging, processes, and product reliability. Makes recommendations for changes in the selection and application of components and systems. May propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Performs the root cause investigation on diverse and moderately complex Field and Production issues and participates in the investigation and qualification of solutions, which requires judgment in the application or interpretation of standard practices to suit special or changing conditions.
• Ensures delivery of project commitments.
• Maintains departmental processes and standards.
• Supports the development of new techniques, models, and plans within area of expertise.
• Maintains documentation and records related to the development activities.
• Conducts meetings to review new project issues to determine the direction and record the outcome.
• Conducts design reviews of basic product based designs and provides feedback to the appropriate channels
• Conducts design reviews of basic product based designs and provides feedback to the appropriate channels to resolve any questions or concerns.
• Executes detailed analysis of competitor products.
• Identifies potential feasibility study requirements in new project proposals.
• Develops and delivers appropriate education, training, and development programs, where required.
• Processes, discusses, and analyzes project status, concerns, and risks within the project to the project lead tester.
• Drives generic testing under the direct guidance of Engineers.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Required: Bachelor's Degree with 0-1 years' experience.
• Experience applying scientific principles to design, structure development, machine tools, systems or manufacturing processes.
• Experience to include either: designing, constructing, testing and operating equipment.
• Experience ensuring that standards of quality, cost, safety, reliability, timeliness and performance are met during the production process.
• Skill or experience interpreting plans, drawings or specifications.
• Skills in computer and software applications are needed. Knowledge of CAD or CAD like software; experience with Excel; experience generating reports and analyzing data.
• Integrates basic principles, theories and concepts with procedures and activities within own work area.
• Solves simple, routine problems following established procedures and policies
• Contributions are usually limited to routine task-related activities
• Works under very close supervision
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.