Johnson Controls is currently hiring for a Program Manager. This position is located in our state of the art R&D facility in Cranston, RI.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Familiar with a variety of the Engineering and Project Management concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. Ability to navigate in an organization to make things happen. Possess leadership qualities with ability to supervise/direct people. Product launch experience is a must. The ideal candidate will have experience with the following
- Product Development and manufacturing business experience required (i.e. working with design engineers, manufacturing, sourcing, product management, marketing, etc.)
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate the organization's values by bringing issues to the appropriate managers in a timely manner for resolution, sharing best practices among all teams, serving as a brand advocate, mentoring and leading by example to support a positive work environment, and encouraging other staff to do the same.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders and assist them, as appropriate, with issues or concerns to satisfactory resolution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated track record of managing product development projects to completion.
- Can deal with ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change, shift gears, and make decisions.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel. Visio experience desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong conflict management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to perform as a team player.
- KNOWLEDE OF PMI's Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK®).
- PMP® certification desirable, but not required.
Requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in the field
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.