Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Engineering Project Administrator - 1st Shift, are to:
Who you are
- Be responsible for the creation of capital project request forms to assure complete and sound justifications are provided, costs are properly identified based on proposals provided, and identified properly as capital vs. expense, taxable vs. tax-exempt, and charged to the proper cost centers. Research fixed asset listing to ensure accurate completion of project retirement form. Assure all required documentation (quotes, safety reviews, gmp reviews) is in place, complete and ready for project approval routing;
- Review the project build in SAP system and in approval workflow SharePoint system for proper setup including proper WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) structure, budget and forecast. Perform periodic reviews with project managers and maintain proper forecast in P2R and develop/maintain quarterly forecasting vs. actual spending tool for use within the department and to report to Consumer Health Global Engineering and Controlling;
- Create required legal agreements/contract documents from templates for construction services, coordinate execution of documents, and assure executed documents are stored in legal repository. Assure current contractor COI (Certificate of Insurance) and safety training confirmation is received and maintained in department files for all construction service work to be performed;
- Create purchase requisitions in support of capital projects with proper G/L account, material group, and WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) assignments. Assure all required procurement and legal documentation is completed and attached;
- Audit all invoices for proper capital / expense, WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) structure, and taxability coding and forward to appropriate project manager for goods receipt processing and/or approval;
- Track open projects spending, status and complete required close out packet for Accounting. Responsible for assigning asset tags and maintaining records of tag placement;
- Perform monthly review of BaySIM (Bayer Standardized Management) to confirm capital and expense spending for projects is accurately reported;
- Coordinate and identify end of year accruals for all work performed related to capital projects;
- Complete reporting as requested for Global PS (Global Product Supply) and Myerstown Controlling;
- Assist with savings calculations for investment projects, including data gathering and analysis for CFRoI and MoB.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with (3) three years Construction and Asset Accounting;
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)-IAS(International Accounting Standards));
- Excellent computer skills required, including ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Access, and Excel) and SharePoint;
- Demonstrated ability to manage work in an organized manner, manage multiple priorities, work independently, and with a team, and organize and maintain accurate files and provide excellent customer service;
- Must be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written), and have the ability to interact with customers at multiple sites and all levels of site management;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential;
- Excellent people skills and customer focus;
- Ability to collaborate, manage complexity and Plan and Align with others.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.