At LinkedIn, talent is our number one priority. The diversity of our workforce, and the inclusion of talented people from different backgrounds are the fuel that keeps the engines of innovation and growth running within our company. They are essential to our long-term success. In order to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce, we need to have a diverse and inclusive workforce here at LinkedIn.
We are hiring an Engineering Diversity Portfolio Manager for our Women in Technology initiative who will serve as a senior program manager to drive Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging initiatives within Engineering. Reporting to the Diversity and Inclusion leader for LinkedIn, you will be responsible for helping design our diversity strategies; help to manage a de-centralized, cross-functional and global team; and serve as a trusted advisor to Engineering and HR senior leaders. This is a global role responsible for leading the discovery, design, development and delivery of Engineering Diversity and Inclusion projects and programs. General Responsibilities
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated diversity program and portfolio management excellence leading large, complex initiatives. They must be at ease working with executives and virtual teams; have a good understanding of different cultural nuances and diversity areas; and able to demonstrate a track record for developing and implementing innovative people strategies that help drive productivity, build company culture, and inspire employees.
In this leadership role you will:
- Research, create and improve diversity initiatives within a high-tech environment, and provide advice and guidance on gender and diversity topics and best practices
- Facilitate the development of the Roadmap, strategies and measures with the WIT leadership team
- Work with project sponsors and the functional leaders within and outside of Engineering to craft and confirm project and program objectives
- Partner cross functionally across the company, including with technology and business leaders, recruiting, human resources, marketing, finance, facilities and corporate communications
- Craft and articulate project plans and, where applicable, change management plans
- Mobilize project teams and clearly articulate the plan along with roles and responsibilities for each project team member and stakeholder
- Drive multiple, concurrent international Engineering diversity projects of varying complexity
- Report out on portfolio status, managing risks, dependencies and resources across initiatives
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience, within a management consulting firm is strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 7 years' experience on Diversity and Inclusion programs
- Minimum 5 years' experience driving strategic vision and leading large projects that broadly impact organizations. Experience and confidence in working with and influencing senior executives (and others) to achieve common goals
- Strong customer service focus, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution and decision making skills
- Disciplined project management and cross-group skills, including the ability to get what you need from others while working around their own priorities
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong understanding in data analytics and ability to present data
- Ability to strategize and bring results
- MBA preferred
Sunnyvale, CA Travel
Up to 10% travel required, as needed
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.