At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Accountable for evaluating, developing and implementing compliance activities for the Exelons Wind and Solar business unit. Under general supervision maintain compliance with Federal and State regulatory requirements, NERC, RFC, MISO and industry related as required. This position is also responsible for evaluating, developing and implementing all strategies pertaining to corporate compliance associated with the generation assets in close coordination with the operations and maintenance organization. Primary contact for field personal in support of regulatory compliance activities. Acts as lead for centralized operations center to manage supporting process, systems and policies to assure alignment with compliance requirements
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintains all Compliance activities under general supervision to keep in compliance with Federal and State regulatory requirements, NERC, RFC and MISO rules/regulations/standards/guidelines.
- Lead and supports the development and implementation business initiative to compliance with evolving regulatory requirements.
- Maintains constant oversight of current and evolving state and federal laws and communicates possible courses of action regarding future compliance policy and assists with action plans for those affected.
- Supports the maintenance and improvement of systems and software programs used by NERC compliance processes and records of compliance.
- Participate within related professional committees to assist in reviewing and maintaining the business units compliance policies.
- Compiles test reports that document turbine procedures and communicates results and guidance to the operations center.
Provide over sight for quality assurance/quality control of documentations and compliance records.
Perform other duties and handle special projects as assigned.
- Associate degree in Technical field and 5+ years professional experience
- Knowledge of applicable standards, state and federal regulatory requirements, electric systems, bulk power generation and wholesale power markets.
- Knowledge of Plant Operations, Rates, Tariffs, Energy Trading, State and Federal regulations, NERC Standards, and company procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
- BS in Engineering with 2+ years professional experience
- Strong operations, financial and legal application background.
- NERC Certified Operator Certificate
- Position reports to; the Manager, SCADA & Operations Center
- Advisor role
- No direct reports
- Approximately 25% - 35% travel
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster