Eaton Corporation located in Sumter, SC has an opening for a Lead Technician - Engineering.
Accurately interpret customer and engineer supplied drawings, specifications and notes and translate them into drawings and bills-of-material understandable by internal customers in Manufacturing and Purchasing, as well as external customers
- Prepare switchboard manufacturing information (MI) utilizing Bid Manager and Auto-Cad to meet customer requirements.
- Create or edit bills of material to insure correct material demand requirements for purchased and self-manufactured components
- Identify and design any special fabricated parts required, insuring that MI’s are completed and the material is routed accordingly to the appropriate assembly team
- Load electronic copy of all required manufacturing information into Enovia via Plant Order Manager to allow for retrieval by both internal and external customers
- Provide input to Bid Man development team on design and pick table enhancements.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the full breadth of the switchboard product line offering, including wiring and design applications
- Provide backup support as required to other team members
- Support and assist assembly teams in resolution of process and or information quality problems.
- Work closely with engineers, through order reviews and process improvements, to insure accurate interpretation of customer supplied order information
Associates Degree in a technical field from an accredited institution and a minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting the design or order processing of power distribution equipment
Or a High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution and a minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting the design or order processing of power distribution equipment
Minimum of 2 years of experience with the generation of manufacturing information packets (MIs) including bills of material (BOMs) and 2D design drawings (i.e. front elevation, one-line, plan views and custom part designs).
No relocation assistance is being provided for this role. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.