Eaton located in Arden, NC has an opening for a Engineering Technician on 2nd Shift.
The primary function of the job is to use 3D Inventor software to develop motions, clearances and other involved features of an apparatus or customer equipment design.
- Calculate fits, tolerances, strengths, weights, electrical, circuit parameters and similar items. Anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirement and problems and develop design solutions.
- Coordinate the drafting work and be responsible for all drawings pertinent to design of customer order project.
- Consult with engineers or managers on problems relating to a design or customer order project. Consult with other departments as required to obtain or provide information.
- Assist colleagues on shop floor in checking both for accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
- Fabricate more complex (model) prototypes; set up more complex laboratory tests or experiments requiring resourcefulness and creativity.
- Gather, review and interpret data for presentation to engineers or managers.
- Checks work to assure conformance with Asheville Plant's quality standards.
- An understanding of math, physics, chemistry, machine design and electrical theory.
- Understanding drafting principles and design concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving techniques and ability to troubleshoot customer or manufacturing problems in the data gathering mode as well as seek guidance for solutions.
- Associates Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates within 50 miles of the Arden, NC facility will be considered.
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Must be able to work mandated/scheduled overtime which could include weekdays and weekends
- Associates degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Copper Installer
- Understanding of LVA Switchgear
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, CAD, Inventor 3D, Internet, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.