Entry-level position with appropriate licenses/training certifications. Has basic skills in an analytical or scientific method or operational process. Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods and adheres to quality guidelines. Work is completed with close supervision. Key Responsibilities
- Performs routine electro-mechanical technical functions and activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, troubleshooting and assembly of electronics and electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models, specialized test equipment, tools and test fixtures.
- May test and troubleshoot system level and component level problems in electrical and mechanical systems and sub-systems. May perform new system and NPI installations and field upgrades.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or plans to perform routine testing and troubleshooting.
- Compiles logbooks and test procedures documentation utilizing good writing skills.
- May perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic & vacuum and process testing on AMAT platforms to Engineering and Manufacturing documentation and specifications.
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Becomes familiar with current manufacturing and/or engineering processes.
- May perform rework as a result of testing. Generates Quality Notifications.
- Applies basic analytical skills or scientific methods or operational processes to perform straightforward activities
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others
- Has no supervisory responsibilities
Impact Interpersonal Skills
- Uses standard operating procedures or scientific methods to guide own work and solve standard problems
- Uses communication skills to exchange information
- Associate's Degree
- Up to 1 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.