Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II
located in Monument, CO.
Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and
comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes
Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and
programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine,
neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on
the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped
to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on
activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are
inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could
accomplish on its own.
The Manufacturing Engineer II develops manufacturing
process setups of average complexity. Program, setup and operate manufacturing
equipment in assigned area. Type of operations can be but are not limited to
cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, package sealing, laser marking,
cleaning and labeling, etc. Type of equipment can be but not limited to CNC or
manual lathe, mills, grinders, package, sealers etc. Use of various types of
measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers,
comparators, tensile testers, vision systems etc. Completion of documentation
as required by the process and applicable work instructions. Support and
perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the
assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying
chip containers, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or
all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the
highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job
- Work and
communicate with others in a team environment; interface with co-workers
and support functions to resolve problems.
process requirements in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance
and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Act as a
model for the operators in terms of attitude, running machines, following
processes, and decision making.
and support other areas as training requirements permit to cover absences
and other needs.
escalate staffing and work demand concerns as required for the assigned
cell or area.
to work extra hours and off shifts when required by business needs.
written reports and basic project documentation.
history of accomplishments and successful project completion
and implement ideas and solutions to support initiatives for process
process sheets, perform first piece inspections and in process quality
set process parameters and define tooling and fixturing for processes of
average complexity, run process tests and perform associated inspection,
process control, documentation and data collection activities.
existing processes and tooling setups and edit programs in support of
process tests, validations and production as required.
and execute lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, etc.).
and trouble shoot processes and machining related problems of average
fixturing and tooling design concepts including the ability to express and
implement ideas with tool designers.
detailed, machine specific training and mentoring on processes of a
new equipment acquisition efforts including machine selection,
installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment
responsibilities as required.
• A minimum of 2 years related experience required
• Associates degree required
• Bachelor Preferred
• In-depth knowledge of metal cutting manufacturing operations or package sealing operations required.
• Must have Machine Programming: Intermediate CNC programming knowledge and use of MasterCAM or other CNC Code generating software; OR knowledge of laser or vision systems; OR knowledge of package sealing programming required.
• Strong written, verbal communication and computer skills is required.
• Intermediate math skills are required.
• Knowledge necessary to perform intermediate calculations related to process parameters such as for metal cutting technologies (speeds, feeds, rpm, etc.) is required.
• Previous experience in regulated industry preferred.
• Process and procedural knowledge required to support engineering initiatives including validations and process tests within an assigned area.
• Knowledge to work with models in MasterCAM, Pro/E, and Pro/NC and intermediate understanding and use of Macro B programming, preferred.
• Must be able to work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
• Will be required to work on feet 100% of time
• Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasional heavy lifting over 50 pounds.
• Demonstrate history of positive interpersonal skills showing courtesy, tact, and understanding in interactions with coworkers, even under stressful circumstances.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID