DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking an Engineering Technician III located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Engineering Technician III constructs, inspects, calibrates, adjusts, tests, documents and maintains equipment, components, devices and systems.
• Develops manufacturing process setups of high complexity.
• Program, setup and operate manufacturing equipment in assigned area.
• Type of operations can be but are not limited to cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, package sealing, laser marking, cleaning and labeling, etc.
• Type of equipment can be but not limited to CNC or manual lathe, mills, grinders, package, sealers etc.
• Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, vision systems, etc.
• Completion of documentation as required by the process and applicable work instructions.
• Support and perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
• Program, setup and operate manufacturing technology and equipment outside of standard CNC operations (automation, integrated machining technology, networking, laser marking, etc.).
• Follow appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or others.
• Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
• Work and communicate with others in a team environment; interface with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems.
• Perform process requirements and metrics in assigned area or department to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
• Act as a model for the operators in terms of attitude, running machines, following processes, and decision making.
• Cross-train and support other areas as training requirements permit to cover absences and other needs.
• Appropriately escalate staffing and work demand concerns as required for the assigned cell or area.
• Willing to work extra hours and off shifts when required by business needs.
• Provide written reports and basic project documentation.
• Demonstrate history of accomplishments and successful project completion
• Identify and implement ideas and solutions to support initiatives for process improvements.
• Demonstrates leadership ability or experience.
• Follow process sheets, perform first piece inspections and in process quality checks.
• Independently set process parameters and define tooling and fixturing for processes of average complexity, run process tests and perform associated inspection, process control, documentation and data collection activities.
• Understand existing processes and tooling setups and edit programs in support of process tests, validations and production as required.
• Understand and execute lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, etc.).
• Debug and trouble shoot processes and machining related problems of high complexity.
• Interpret fixturing and tooling design concepts including the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
• Provide detailed, machine specific training and mentoring on processes of a specific area.
• Support new equipment acquisition efforts including machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
• Use project tracking tools as a daily tool to communicate with manufacturing and engineering teams.
• Provide written reports and detailed project documentation.
• Assist in gage design, gage R&R, and implementation as required.
• Train, coach, and mentor fellow employees.
• Promote and encourage participation of peer technicians and cell operators to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Help maintain project schedules for department level initiatives.
• Assist in development of SOP's, other control processes, and practices as it pertains to a certain defined cell or area.
• Conduct emerging technologies research, process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization.
• Requires an Associate’s degree or equivalent.
• Requires a minimum of 4 year related experience.
• Advanced knowledge of metal cutting operations including advanced knowledge of a large number of the equipment and processes of the operations areas including package sealing operations is required.
• Machine Programming: Advanced CNC programming knowledge and use of MasterCAM or other CNC Code generating software; OR advanced knowledge of laser or vision systems; OR advanced knowledge of package sealing programming is required
• Strong written, verbal communication and computer skills is required.
• Intermediate math skills.
• Knowledge necessary to perform advanced calculations related to process parameters such as for metal cutting technologies (speeds, feeds, rpm, etc.) is required.
• Previous experience in regulated industry preferred.
• Advanced process and procedural knowledge required to support engineering initiatives including validations and process tests for multiple different areas within operations is required.
• Knowledge to work with models in MasterCAM, Pro/E, and Pro/NC and advanced understanding and use of Macro B programming, preferred.
• Experience with probing and laser tool setting including setup, calibration, and an understanding of the macro variable used is preferred.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID