The Engineering Technician supports all aspects of Development Engineering including improvement initiatives, process control, dimensional integrity, and manufacturing help chains. Engineering Technician will also prepare part specific work instructions, collect and analyze dimensional & NDT data, and assist Product & Process Engineering perform scrap review and improvements. This is a full-time position.ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions
- Expected to assist in the implementation of the company's EHS value and policy statement and its accompanying principles.
- Comply with all department, facility, Corporate and Regulatory EH&S regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Report all job related illness and injuries. (Per employee handbook).
- Report all Safety, Health & Environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EH&S training.
- Maintain accurate daily inventory of all engineering experiments in hold/issue review areas
- Track and expedite casting evaluations through casting manufacturing operations
- Compile dimensional and NDT data for Fixed Process Approvals, Concessions, and FAIR packages
- Compile data and analyze data for Product & Process Engineers
- Track and record casting evaluation results
- Complete request activates such as finding, sorting and processing castings
- Maintain inventory and adherence to rules in Engineering Scrap Hold Area and Live and Scrap MRB areas
- Photograph wax patterns, cores and castings in various conditions as requested by engineering
- Frequent internal contact with people in layout, engineering, manufacturing, sales and quality. This employee also has external contact with customers, corporate sales and source approval personnel.
- Will have an active role in New Product Introduction product line
- Organization and communicate effectively
- Familiar with the use of PC and statistical software.
- Working knowledge of general statistics and SPC
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- Must be working towards a degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including night and weekends with little advanced notice
- 1 year technically oriented experience or applicable internship OR shop floor hourly experience