Engineering Technician Lead - Req. 003Q2O
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is currently seeking an Engineering Technician Lead based in our Livermore, CA site to work as a technical lead in our Engineering Lab. You will be responsible for the testing and verification of high power converters for PV applications.
In addition to the testing of PV products, the Engineering Technician Lead works on improving and troubleshooting existing test equipment. He/She will work closely with Engineering Technicians, Test Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and Project Managers to support product testing.
· Oversee the testing of PV products.
· Perform complex troubleshooting and repair of machine failures.
· Provide technical guidance and training to Engineering Technicians.
· Lead investigation into machine unplanned downtime and determine route cause.
· Interface with the engineering team on performing design verification tests.
· Assist in the development of the test process for the PV products.
· Conducts experimental tests, analyzes test data, and writes test reports.
· Record operating performance data to support product compliance with customer or internal specifications and applicable third party standards.
· Support engineers in testing of products and verification of second source components.
· May represent company as a customer contact regarding significant technical matters as required.
· Proactively keep all work spaces organized and clean.
· Perform other job duties as assigned by manager.
• Requires experience in a lead position. Preferably in an electronic/electrical test environment.
• Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires the ability to read wiring schematics.
• Requires working knowledge of test equipment: DVMs, Hipot, Scopes, and power analyzers.
• Requires strong working knowledge of computers with Microsoft Windows applications, especially Word and Excel.
• Beneficial to have a two-year degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Beneficial to have experience using MS Visio.
• Beneficial to have experience in testing in Engineering design environment.
• Beneficial to have experience with high voltage.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.