Requires in-depth knowledge of operations, policies and procedures within the Company, a Business Unit, Segment and /or company. Works within established precedents and practices. Analyzes information to solve ongoing problems. Administrative jobs aligned to this band would provide executive support and work with highly sensitive and confidential material. Key Responsibilities
- Performs highly complex electro-mechanical technical functions and activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, troubleshooting and assembly of electronics and electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models, specialized test equipment, tools and test fixtures.
- Tests and troubleshoots system level and component level problems in electrical and mechanical systems and sub-systems with no supervision. Assignments require solution of difficult problems by application of technical knowledge. May perform highly complex new system and NPI installations and field upgrades.
- Skilled at working from limited or no documentation. Investigates, compiles data, documents and recommends changes using applicable reporting process to enhance product performance.
- Compiles logbooks and test procedures documentation utilizing good writing skills. Assists in revising, developing and implementing documented procedures. Writes highly complex technical reports and test procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in performing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic & vacuum and process testing on AMAT platforms to Engineering and Manufacturing documentation and specifications.
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Requires full understanding of the company's manufacturing and/or engineering processes, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface across departmental/functional lines. Provides management with technical solutions in order to correct problems both at the system level and in the manufacturing process.
- Provides training to lower level Engineering Technicians. Recognized as an expert for particular platform(s) or product(s). Highly proficient at troubleshooting and resolving issues. Effective at providing standard work and workmanship skills training. Works closely with Engineering in the development of procedures and documentation for NPI. May serve as a 'Quality Lead'. May assist supervisor in daily planning of alignment of resources.
- Has comprehensive understanding of a range of processes, procedures, systems and concepts within own discipline
- Has in-depth understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may coordinate the work of others beyond own area. May provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions and applying methods, techniques, experience and precedents; exercises judgment within generally defined practices
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Has direct impact through responsibility for the quality of deliverables
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way
- Associate's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.