Dell Technologies is seeking an Engineering Technologist in Advanced Systems Architecture in its PowerEdge Advanced Engineering team that is responsible for researching and designing best-in-class architectures for Dell’s PowerEdge server portfolio. Working at the forefront of technology, with direct access to the architects of leading technology suppliers, this team collaborates with the Server GM, the Enterprise Solutions Group CTO, and the Server Planning team to create novel system architectures that are leading the IT industry in server innovation.
In this very high-visibility position, you will be responsible for advanced engineering of PowerEdge server products, serving as the lead server architect for adapting PowerEdge servers for hyper-converged & software-defined storage solutions. Your responsibilities include the assimilation and understanding of the industry and competitive environment for servers used in hyper-converged appliances and software-defined storage applications. Your duties will include leading technology investigations, performing strategic analysis of the technology requirements for PowerEdge servers in this space, and developing architectural and detailed design specifications. You will collaborate with design teams, systems engineering, marketing teams, suppliers, and business unit leaders and executives to ensure that PowerEdge architecture meets the needs of Dell Technologies' hyper-converged appliances and software-defined storage product lines.
The successful candidate will have the following portfolio of experience and talent:
* BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with at least 10 years of experience in hardware or embedded system design and debugging, preferably with processor, memory, and I/O subsystems.
* Experience in enterprise software or storage development a plus
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate initiatives across multiple functions in a large organization
* Superior problem solving and analytical capabilities
* Persuasive communication, relationship-building, and influence skills
**Job:** **Engineering - Engineering Technologist*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Engineering Technologist, Advanced Systems Architecture, Enterprise Solutions Group*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000PML*