The Business Entity
The scope and definition of networks is being redefined as more devices - sensors, machines, vehicles, etc. - are being connected. The Internet is becoming the "Internet of Everything", and "Things" are driving an explosion in the number of connected devices as well as the volume of data: The "Internet of Things" or "IoT". The IoT Software Platform team is building the next generation infrastructure to handle this. The scale required to connect, manage, secure, and move data from these devices in a useful way is unprecedented and is going to require significant innovation to meet the challenge. The IoT Software Platform team's mission is to meet these challenges.
Cisco is building a world-class team to build the IoT Software Platform, and as member of that team, you'll collaborate with people who have deep experience in large scale, high performance, highly distributed systems. Our team is powered by people, and our people are empowered, have visibility into customer needs, and everyone is encouraged to experiment and engage in learning that produces results. Our leadership is deeply technical, and has a proven track record of delivering innovative technology. We consider Agile to be a culture, not a process. Test-driven development is a baseline, and we apply behavior-driven development when it makes sense. We leverage open source where it makes sense and lead or contribute to these communities. If this sounds like a place you can thrive, and you believe that untested code is broken code, that working code trumps Power Point slides, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for an Engineering Test lead help build and lead the IoT software platform quality engineering team. This position will partner with product management, development, and operations stakeholders to deliver quality features that enhance the IoT software platform for our customers. You will play a key role in driving Quality Engineering initiatives such as advancing test automation, increasing test coverage, and maturing our continuous integration/testing capabilities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Participate in the specification, design, and development of IOT Software applications
- Follow standard design, implementation processes and procedures
- Architect, design and test your code to ensure delivery of high quality products
- Contribute to system level architecture design and write functional and detailed design specifications
- Work with other functional teams such as documentation, field support to ensure product and customer success
- Write unit and integration test plans
- Debug issues identified during unit, function, and system testing
- Contribute to our continuous integration and testing capabilities.
- Collaborate with the Documentation team to ensure high quality of end-user documents
- Assess competitive products and evolving technologies and apply this knowledge to product roadmap development
- Translate BU level goals into your own and team work assignments
- MSEE/CS combined with 7+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 10+ yrs related experience
- Experience with an Object-oriented programming experience, must have either practical Java, Python, or equivalent Object-oriented programming experience
- Passion for delivering high quality products and working with developers and developer tools
- Help drive CI/CD initiatives to execute regression tests instrumented with code coverage tools and provide code quality metrics to stakeholders.
- Very high technical competence, and proven track record for high quality and on time product delivery
- Experience with Network protocols
- Experience with Servers, Storage and VMs
- Knowledge of buffering, stream processing, complex event processing, and storage solutions (e.g., RabbitMQ, Kafka, , Mongo, etc)
- Strong knowledge of various modern test and release automation strategies
- Experience in developing and/or configuring complex distributed automation harnesses and reporting systems using open source test frameworks such as TestNG, RestAssured and Sonar, Dashing.
- Experience leveraging contemporary deployment technologies like Docker, Puppet, etc
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.