At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Partner with IT and business teams to provide the necessary leadership to drive technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, and risks and benefits of technology introduction into Exelon’s computing environment. Provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level for the Enterprise Wide Systems domain.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise to IT and business teams to identify technology solutions and strategies to achieve business results. Ensure appropriate implementation of technology within both the development and production environments on a project basis.
- Design and develop enterprise-wide architecture and strategy for assigned architectural domain in alignment with the business strategy. Consult on application portfolio health and design functions for software applications and infrastructure in support of the corporate-wide strategic information technology plan; provide guidance to the introduction of new technology into the environment by utilizing Exelon’s standard governance process.
- Provide technological expertise and advice to IT leadership in the development of strategic information technology plans to support business strategies.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with business and IT partners. Communicate status to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Maintain awareness of trends and issues in area of technical expertise, evaluate new technologies
or technology opportunities, and provide analysis of their potential impact to advantage the business.
- Cultivate a group of solution architects within the IT domain, providing guidance over technology architecture best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 8 to 10 years in solid, diverse experience in IT, with a focus around corporate ERP systems, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Appropriate technical skills around vendor product selection, and software development, including business analytics, service oriented architecture and the convergence of cross utility functions. Environment includes substantial Oracle technology, and a deep knowledge of Cloud based systems.
- In-depth knowledge of business unit functions and applications, including HR, Finance, Supply Chain and Security systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of change management techniques associated with new technology implementation.
- Experience producing an economic business case.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong judgment, excellent analytical ability and consulting skills.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT, vendor and business management
- Graduate degree in area of technical specialty or MBA.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.