Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is always looking to improve itself as it leads the way in the exciting payments industry. The successful candidate will have an extensive record of success transforming hundreds, if not thousands of individuals and dozens and dozens of teams. If you are great at helping systems, organizations, and people adopt and then thrive, and you also want to be challenged along the way to grow yourself, please consider this opportunity.
- Be an active, involved member of the Enterprise Agility Coaching team.
- Align local efforts to Enterprise Planning & Agility goals.
- Oversee Agility Coaching for one or more business units/Durable Teams.
- Provide hands on coaching to teams, programs, portfolio leaders and executives.
- Work with cross-functional product line leadership to prioritize the coaching actions available to improve product line performance.
- Coach 2-4 Agile teams simultaneously with in-depth guidance on the roles, rituals, and artifacts of Agile teams and organization units.
- Continuously measure and report the progress of teams and organizational units in meeting their goals and the goals of PayPal.
- Work with stakeholders to drive improvements in agile maturity while demonstrating quantifiable progress towards achieving higher performing teams and improved business outcomes.
- Mentor participants in all Agile roles--especially the ones of scrum master, Agile program manager, and product owner.
- Conduct occasional classroom training sessions on a variety of Agile and other Transformation related topics.
- Has the knowledge to lead Portfolio level coaching (Portfolio Kanban),
- Has experience with leading large scale Agile Planning events (10+ teams).
- Has participated in coaching experimentation and lean startup for teams and leaders.
- Has experience coaching junior level coaches
- Has expert experience in building and delivering training; has experience training the trainer.
- Has facilitated Senior Leadership in cross-business unit situations.
- Has Experience leading BU level agile improvement groups. Stakeholders are Sr Leaders.
- Has the expertise to coach in at least 3 areas of the Technical Practices including CI/CD.
- Can offer meaningful mentoring in workflow, engineering and collaboration best practices to engineers, product managers, program managers and others due to extensive experience and willingness to help.
- Can deliver effective training classes on a variety of Transformation related topics as well as contribute to their design.
- Expertise in Agile Scrum, Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development, and Kanban principles, methods, and techniques.
- Well versed in a variety of software development, program and project management methodologies and techniques.
- Experience establishing and coaching Scrum of Scrums and Product Councils in a multi-team Agile environment.
- Agile Lifecycle Management tool expertise-preferably with Rally software.
- Ability to manage organizational change initiatives.
- Flexible and resilient; willingness to take initiative to create approaches to complex problems.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with a high-degree of change.
- Either possesses a background working directly in a technology role or can demonstrate the ability to understand the procedures and challenges of a variety of technology functions involved in the product development life cycle.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.