The Sr. Client Sales Executive (CSE) is a sale professional who performs a variety of duties aimed at acquiring new business, managing Schneider-Electric’s client relationships and developing new business from targeted and key clients. The primary goals of an account executive are to build sales by prospecting new clients and to generate revenue by nurturing and growing existing client relationships. The CSE will deal with multiple customer accounts on a long-term basis. The area of activity is delimited by the requirements of the customers, and the CSE is responsible for customer satisfaction as well as the business results of their activities.
CSE’s are responsible for developing strategies with different variables to satisfy their client’s requirements and uncover opportunities for additional revenue. Required to use information about pricing, costs, competitors, and company goals to develop strategic plans that allow them to reach their individual targets and contribute to the overall goals of the company. Duties
· Develop and execute an annual sales plan to achieve quota and new customer acquisition goals.
· Continually identify new prospective customers via requesting referrals and performing online research via industry related websites and working with field marketing team
· Follow up on all leads in an expeditious manner to qualify and turn into an opportunity or add as a contact to the appropriate account
· Engage in strategic account planning throughout the sales process with the CSE’s virtual sales team
· Present proposed EAPM solution(s) and relate them to the customer's business issues
· Work with virtual team to understand and establish metrics for quantifying the customer's return on investment and justification for solution investment
· Perform analysis and lead discovery of adjacent opportunities
· Effectively leverage BFO, the lead management process and pricing and project justification using the Schneider-Electric Business Case calculator, customer model and/or the assessment results.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with the virtual sales team and other key departments to develop effective processes for working together to maximize sales productivity
· Coordinate customer visits, set agendas, and determine customer’s goals.
· Identify and proactively participate in industry specific user groups and other associations or industry meetings.
· Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Schneider-Electric team involved with the opportunity
· Deliver proactive account management to a portfolio of Named Schneider-Electric accounts
· Plan and attend regular update meetings with accounts
· Manage ad-hoc queries and enquiries generated by account portfolio
· Manage external and internal expectations
· Penetrate the account and develop new relationships with Sr. Mgmt. Executives that are responsible for implementing the companies strategic goals as related to asset management
· Manage and organize successful attendance at relevant trade shows and events in order to gather new leads
· Contribute to strategic planning in the selection of new business partners
· Contribute on a regular basis to internal and external marketing communications
· Respond to queries from on specific sales initiatives relevant to their market and clients
· Initiating, developing and closing sales orders from new and existing customers
· Sustaining rapport with key accounts by making periodic customer visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities
· Providing necessary information to Quoting and Estimating to provide customer with accurate and timely quote
· Assists with the implementation of the Company’s Sales and Marketing Strategy
· Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organizational standards Key Performance Indicators
Qualifications: Qualifications and Experience
- Achievement of orders targets.
- Attainment of “As sold” gross margin target as identified in sales plan.
- Overall (net) pipeline creation as identified by annual sales plan.
- Overall sales productivity (Orders / $ Sales Cost and Net Pipeline Addition / $ Sales Cost) and activities as identified.
- 10 years of domain experience in asset management, reliability, conditioned and predictive based technologies.
- Deep understanding of the asset management competitive landscape in terms of software and service providers
- Bachelor's/Masters degree preferably in Business, Engineering etc. MBA a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of complex, solution selling sales management experience from the software industry.
- Proven team leadership skills and proven ability to drive financial metrics.
- Must be skilled at selling compelling, integrated programs to clients in the software industry.
- Should be customer centric, solutions focused, articulate, and comfortable building relationships at senior levels.
- Possesses excellent communication skills to motivate client and virtual sales team, and the ability to deliver sales strategies to highly sophisticated clients.
- Effective in working with diverse groups at all levels in the organization.
- Able to work in a matrix environment to drive collaboration and partnership across diverse geographical and functional boundaries.
- Well-developed knowledge and technical understanding of automation/process industry and Invensys' portfolio and their use in a process/plant setting.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the assigned client's industry/market.
- Travel up to 50% and Significant experience and demonstrated achievement in one or more of the following fields: Strategic sales, relationship, and account management experience at a major services organization, preferably on a global basis.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.