Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Enterprise Application Engineering Specialist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Atlanta, Alpharetta
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the Service Management ecosystem development team which is a part of Core Tech Solutions. This role is responsible for programing a feature and/or a small feature set within various instances of ServiceNow and other strategic technology. The person in this position will work independently and contribute to the team with direction from the Senior Team Members or Management.
* Apply principles of SDLC and leverage methodologies like Agile as part of software development
Demonstrate the ability to configuring the tool or write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Develop high performing, scalable and innovative end-to-end web applications
* Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
Build features such as web services and configure components of various ServiceNow instances
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or a minimum of 2 years of professional technical experience
Technical knowledge (1+ years) of ServiceNow in a development and/or platform management capacity
* Minimum 1 years of proven experience with project management methodologies
* Understanding of ITIL and Service Management a plus
* Agile Scrum experience a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, ITIL Certification or other relevant certifications
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to Senior Team Members or Management
* Creative, innovative, and flexible, with the ability to remain enthusiastic, while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
* Customer focus, evaluating decisions through the eyes of the customer and partnering with customers to help shape their future initiatives
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.