Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Enterprise Architect – Data Security
We are seeking an Enterprise Architecture individual contributor who will define the target architecture and own the solutions roadmap for data protection and access management in our shared data environments. In this role, you will influence enterprise-level priorities and provide architecture direction to our engineering teams developing cutting edge data management solutions for data protection and access management. You will communicate with directors and executives, mentor technical staff and partner with innovative technology vendors.
- Build and maintain target architectures in alignment with business and technology objectives
- Research and publish implementable data and security architecture patterns and solutions by indulging in hands-on development and prototyping
- Provide technical leadership to product development teams working on complex data protection and access management solutions, basing their solution architectures on industry best practices and software techniques
- Build excitement and passion for Capital One's data and security architecture agenda through a variety of methods: internal/external blogs, demos, prototyping, conferences, meetups, university presentations, etc.
- Cultivate relationships across the data technology industry to maintain market knowledge of industry, products and competitive landscape
Your experience probably includes most of these:
- Extensive experience and domain knowledge in the areas of sensitive data detection and protection, identity and access management, and auditing of data access
- Hands-on expertise in big data, fast data and public cloud technologies for relational, non-relational and streaming data
- Talent magnet with active involvement in technical recruiting
- After reading the latest news story about a high profile data breach, your first thought is “How did the hackers do that?” Your second: “How could they have been stopped?”
- You strive to unleash the power of data by getting the right information into the hands of the right users and keeping it out of the hands of the wrong users.
- You are passionate about finding refined solutions to complex design challenges.
- You yearn to be a part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule.
- You love being associated with teams of highly talented data technologists and helping others build their skills and achieve their career goals.
- Humor and fun are a natural part of who you are.
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- 5+ years of experience architecting enterprise scale data solutions
- 3+ years of experience as a security architect
- 2+ years of experience designing solutions that comply with information security and privacy regulations
- 2+ years of experience with identity and access management solutions
- Master’s degree in computer science, or Master’s degree in engineering, or Master’s degree in management of information systems, or Master’s degree in related field
- CISSP or SANS certification
- Experience architecting and delivering data warehouses or marts, advanced analytic environments, business intelligence solutions, or data integration platforms
- Experience with tokenization and encryption solutions
- Experience with information security and privacy regulations such as GLBA, PCI DSS, HIPAA
- Hands-on experience with sensitive data detection and protection tools such as DataGuise
- Hands-on experience with identity and access management solutions such as Ping Identity, Centrify, SailPoint, AWS IAM
- Working knowledge of open source data and access management solutions such as Hive Metastore, Apache Sentry, Apache Ranger, Apache Falcon
- Experience with various tools and frameworks of the big data ecosystem across both open source and commercial distributions (MapReduce, YARN, Pig, Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience operating in agile software development
- Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, S3, EMR)
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, Neo4J)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.