Join Us! Fiserv has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s 2017 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. Fiserv serves thousands of clients worldwide, including financial institutions ranging from the largest banks to neighborhood financial institutions. This marks the fourth consecutive year Fiserv has been awarded this prestigious recognition and fifth time in the last six years. This year, Fiserv ranked at the top of its category for innovation and rated highly for financial soundness, long-term investment value and quality of management. These acknowledgements reflect Fiserv leadership as an innovator and expert in fintech, as well as the company's focus on creating value for clients, associates and shareholders.
"A large part of our mission is to enable our clients to deliver financial technology solutions and customer experiences that enhance differentiation and build their businesses. It is an honor to be recognized as one of the Most Admired Companies in the world for the fourth year in a row. I am so proud of our 23,000 associates worldwide who bring their very best to Fiserv for the benefit of our clients every day." - Jeffery Yabuki, President
We are seeking an Enterprise Business Consultant responsible for the management and oversight of two work streams – Requirements and Testing. The Enterprise Business Consultant provides thought leadership to clients sharing Fiserv’s delivery best practice, tools and guidelines throughout the entire implementation lifecycle either on 1) large, complex, engagements or 2) a portfolio of projects for a specific client. Complex programs are defined as multiple product implementations combined with software development, systems integration and data conversion, large-scale ERP/Data Warehouse implementations, or custom product development, typically in excess of $10M.
As the Enterprise Business Consultant, you will be leading sessions to elicit, analyze, validate, document, communicate and manage high-level requirements at a solution level to include systems integration and software development providing direction, oversight, and coordination for high-level requirements management. In addition to a requirements focus, you will be accountable for identifying and defining the testing scope and approach and providing overall oversight for the testing lifecycle to include defect management. The Enterprise Business Consultant role will give you the opportunity to exercise a wide variety of skills and experiences as the role exercises your requirements and testing knowledge, experience and skills with large multi-product implementations and software development blending in program management, relationship management, consulting and process improvement/organizational change management, which empowers you as a leader to deliver on the promise of One Fiserv.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Formulates, gains alignment and executes on the requirements and testing approach to achieve a successful outcome.
- Ensures predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery through direct management and overall coordination of all Requirement and Testing work stream related activities applying program management concepts to facilitate the achievement of program and work stream objectives.
- Supports the Engagement Director in the creation of the engagement schedule for the requirements and testing work stream putting mechanisms in place to set expectations and ensure on-going control of the environment build-out as it relates to the overall program.
- Directs requirements and testing oversight activities (internal and external) to include enterprise status reporting, requirement sessions, test meetings, defect meetings, defect reporting across the solution meetings and readiness reviews.
- Communicates via a variety of methods to include but not limited to creation and execution of presentations in a variety of settings and to all levels in the organization (internal and external).
- Oversees, leads and/or assists with testing coordination efforts between project team members ensuring Fiserv testing coverage pre client delivery as well as facilitating client delivery turnover sessions.
- Provides ongoing project management support in the form of identifying and managing requirements and testing related issues, risks, actions.
- Transitions the requirements and testing work stream per process to operational support as part of the engagement project closure.
- Manages Client expectations in terms of the requirement and testing activities and artifacts within the enterprise solution delivery lifecycle.
- Serves as the owner of the overall requirements management process.
- Facilitates requirement related sessions, captures and documents the various types of requirements to include standardizing the collection of high-level requirements and creation of business and system flow diagrams to ensure a holistic view of the solution.
- Provides knowledge transfer of high-level requirements to Fiserv product teams and participates in estimating sessions on new development required to meet client requirements.
- Partners with the Client’s Testing Manager to develop a client testing strategy/plan, providing thought leadership and sharing Fiserv’s deployment best practice, tools and guidelines.
- Builds and fosters client relationships and seen as a single point of escalation for requirement and testing activities during the implementation. Develops and maintains strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with external (e.g. primary interface with the client program leadership) and internal key stakeholders/customers across groups and/or business units to maximize effectiveness and influence.
- Champions the Enterprise Solution Delivery (ESD) process and the effective utilization of best practices in the field through coaching and mentoring to ensure methodology and approach are consistently implemented across the business. Additionally, the Enterprise Business Consultant gathers feedback on the enterprise solution delivery results; analyzes feedback, identifies and determines global implications and provides recommended improvements based on the learnings into future enterprise solution delivery.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or high school diploma with five years equivalent work experience.
Job Related Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in custom software product development, systems integration, and/or software implementation services.
- 5+ years of testing experience with at least 3 years of leading/managing the testing of large complex solutions.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience (includes experience in creation of business and system flow diagrams) with at least 3 years of leading/managing the business analysis of large complex solutions.
- 3+ years of client facing consulting / professional services experience.
- 3+ years of Banking, Credit Union, or other financial services.
- 3+ years of experience with a distributed team environment; matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite and MS Visio.
- Excellent consulting, client relationship and communication skills, written and verbal, including expressing ideas clearly and logically to all levels within the organization; the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers in a clear manner. Includes the ability to interact with all levels within the organization (internal and external) with attention to detail, quality, professionalism, and brand compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to pick up on nuances of client interaction and communications and demonstrated ability to lead complex matrix teams across geographic and business unit boundaries including the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, resolve conflicts, and mange problems.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and strategic partnerships with external and internal key stakeholders/customers across diverse groups.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills with the ability to deal with multiple constituencies and manage multiple simultaneous objectives.
- Excellent negotiation, conflict, and judgment skills to balance Fiserv and Client goals to ensure overall objectives are met.
- 50% to client site, incremental for internal meetings as needed.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) awareness.
- Six Sigma training preferred.
- Fiserv experience a plus.
- Business process modeling experience a plus.
- Process management/improvement in the area of solution/implementation delivery methodologies strongly preferred.
- Varied and inconsistent by client site.
- Remote from home office.