Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corpate IT Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for an Enterprise Cyber Security Infrastructure Manager. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Cyber Security projects to gain further technical skills as well as long term growth potential.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Responsible for defining information security policies and procedures; ensures all information and data on computer systems is protected and all networks and computer systems are adequately secure to prevent unauthorized access; investigates potential security breaches and recommends corrective actions to resolve and/or prevent reoccurrences; responsible for promoting IT security awareness.
- Analyzes existing processes, standards, policies and/or equipment and makes process improvement recommendations to leaders ensuring compliance with laws, rules and regulations while managing business risks.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the enterprise's information security safeguards to ensure they provide the intended level of protection.
- Develops security compliance processes for external services (e.g. cloud service providers, data centers).
- Inspects continuous monitoring results to confirm that the level of risk is within acceptable limits for the software application, system, or network.
- Identifies capability development opportunities to exploit or mitigate cyberspace vulnerabilities.
- Performs security & privacy reviews and identifies gaps.
- Develops strong peer relationships with senior business and IT function leaders.
- Provides Information Security guidance to IT project teams and awareness throughout the organization.
- Manages cross functional teams on information security initiatives.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced security analysts; documents knowledge and solutions for use across the organization
- Develops relationships with security vendors and external security experts; brings knowledge of current issues to information security and privacy meetings.
- Manages the information security data sources to maintain organizational situational awareness.
- Assists with the selection of cost-effective security controls to mitigate risk (e.g., protection of information, systems and processes).
- Trouble-shoots complex, cross-business issues within existing security and privacy protections. Performs root cause analysis and makes recommendations on changes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of procurement function in addressing information security requirements and supply chain risks through procurement activities and recommend improvement.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Assess Solutions Against Established Standards - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Audit Methodologies - The ability to inspect and evaluate an assertion of fact using a mixture of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques. The ability to apply such techniques using appropriate judgment to produce accurate and consistent conclusions regardless of the nature of assertions being evaluated.
- Risk Management - The identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by coordinated response to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate future events.
- Investigation - Able to lead a systematic and thorough process to learn the facts about something complex or hidden.
- Troubleshooting - Able to diagnose and problem solve issues with computer hardware or software components with little or no direction. May require ability to install, configure, or disposition of server or client pc infrastructure and application issues.
- Research - Able to conduct a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
- Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Performs a variety of management and technical tasks that ensure the efficient management of Cummins enterprise cyber security infrastructure.Ensure efficient delivery of cyber security capabilities using industry standards, best practices, and repeatable processes.
- Manage cyber security system testing, installation, configuration, and maintenance of cyber security tools and systems(i.e. intrusion detection/preventions systems, vulnerability scanners, security event/information management solutions, etc.)
- Guides the development of documentation and process framework utilized to maintain and manage Cummins cyber security infrastructure systems.
- Monitor, advise, and lead the resolution of cyber security system technical process and performance issues for implemented and deployed cyber security system.
- Supervise the research, design, and development of recommended changes to Cummins cyber security infrastructure that maximize and improve performance.
- Responsible for the technical integration of cyber security tools to improve and increase Cummins' ability to identify threats and reduce the risk to the Cummins' enterprise and operations.
- Leads the technical resources to permit the transition and migration of legacy and replacement cyber security security capabilities, technologies, and services.
- Collaborates with technical and business colleagues to mitigate risks, controls costs, and reduce schedule variances associated with changes in Cummins' cyber security infrastructure.
- Partners with information technology and business unit stakeholders to support the safe and secure operations of Cummins global infrastructure.
- Establish and maintains awareness of changes to current capabilities that may impact Cummins cyber security infrastructure.
- Research and analyze new capabilities and processes that will cost effectively increase Cummins ability to conduct cyber security operations and reduce risk.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.