The Enterprise Data Management Lead will lead the efforts to integrate and cleanse data from internal Brighthouse Financial operational systems and external sources into a comprehensive set of high quality information assets that can be leveraged for descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics across all of the business capabilities within BHF. This person will be responsible for implementing data quality monitoring and measurement techniques to ensure high levels of data quality are used in BHF decision-making.
- Provide technical leadership over a set of cloud-based technologies and platforms, including:
- the data warehouse technology platform
- the data integration technology platform
- data quality monitoring and measurement
- reference and master data management
- Big Data (Hadoop/Spark/etc.) technology platforms
- Actively engage in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of the critical enterprise data assets (e.g., data lake, data warehouse, data marts, analytical datasets) used in helping functional areas of BHF make more informed tactical, operational, and strategic business decisions
- Establish and implement a set of data integration platforms, processes, and a culture that values:
- low operating cost
- rapid “speed-to-market”
- high levels of data quality
- the governed self-service of data assets
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of contractors and employees that comprise the Enterprise Data Management staff. Create goals and objectives, evaluate performance, provide guidance on technical/project related issues, create development plans, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of Agile delivery practices in the data integration, data management and business intelligence domains
- 10-15 years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex, large-scale data integration/data management platforms and applications
- Expert level knowledge of data management, data integration, and Big Data technologies and platforms
- Strong vision setting, concept articulation and communications skills that would facilitate developing effective partnerships with internal customers, critical stakeholders and technical leadership teams
- Experience applying Agile delivery practices (e.g., scrum, kanban, Scaled Agile Framework) in data integration, data management and business intelligence related programs
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop employee and contractor team members
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, to drive projects to successful completion and to create enduring solutions to problems
- Experience with cloud-based data management/data integration platforms is beneficial
- Thinks Strategically – Sets a technology direction and data management strategy that is aligned to the strategy of the company and to the informational needs of the functional areas of the business.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Reports to: Vice President, Head of Data and Analytics
- Direct reports/team: TBD
- Key stakeholders: Senior business Leaders in Marketing, Distribution, Finance, Client Solutions, Investments, and other functional area business leaders
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 39221