*Enterprise Field Technical Services Team Lead - US remote, Phoenix, AZ preferred*
Dell’s Data Center Solutions is the leading provider of density-optimized hyper-scale servers for large scale data center environments, such as cloud providers, with an intense focus on performance, energy efficiency, and density. Dell DCS is growing and has an opening for a Technical Team Lead.
The Technical Team Lead is responsible to manage and drive escalations, readiness and support and deployment issues as well as best practice guides and processes for Enterprise Field Technicians.
Field Technicians are responsible for on-site installation, configuration, implementation, integration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions, which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
- Performs knowledge transfer and product orientation of implemented solutions
- Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of professional field; develops and applies specialized knowledge within own discipline; and deepens knowledge through exposure to new assignments and continuous learning
- Performs advanced troubleshooting techniques to address complex technical issues.
- Works autonomously in providing on-site technical support to customers.
- Works autonomously in delivering installation services.
- Prepares documentation to record and track project status
- Manages difficult and escalated customer situations with a focus on building positive customer relationships.
- Drive Resolution of escalated DCS Hardware issues within the Region working with the Site Teams and Site Leads
- Interface with Global Site Teams and TTL’s to help drive documentation and process updates/changes
- Work with the DCS Engineering teams on escalated technical issues and long term strategic items
- Assist DCS Leadership and Field managers with strategic operational projects around Field utilization, performance, efficiencies and training
- Represent/participate in NPI design and training documentation with broader DCS Product Group
- Assist with onsite deployments and RMA work as needed and to keep up to date with all technologies deployed in the field
- Undergraduate degree and 4 years of experience, or Graduate degree and 2 years of relevant experience
- Advanced hands-on experience troubleshooting and repairing Enterprise Level Servers.
- Experience in large 24x7 Data Center environments.
- Possess strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Strong customer facing skills, with change management experience.
- Ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution.
- Exhibit a flexible schedule reacting to customer needs 24x7.
- Comptia A , Comptia Server , RHCE, LINUX, Windows, CCNA, ITIL certified
*Company Description *
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:* Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Product Services - Enterprise Field Technical Services*
**Title:** *Enterprise Field Technical Services Team Lead - US remote, Phoenix, AZ preferred*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ZXE*