Enterprise Information Data Architect (Internal title: Sr. IT Consultant) Position Description
The Enterprise Information Data Architect is responsible and accountable for application data architecture strategy, data architecture vision, and application data modeling across the Farmers enterprise. Primary responsibilities include developing application data architecture strategy, developing application data reference models, leading application data architecture software evaluations, and assessing impact of change to application data architectures, data models, and messaging models. This role also includes responsibility of architecture delivery and governance to ensure alignment to data architecture standards and vision. Solution architectures will include data models, standard interfaces for data access and value-added data services, metadata including an inventory of data, and follow best practices for data creation, usage, and messaging exchange. Position Requirements
Required Skills and Abilities
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Architecture principles, standards, and enterprise strategy development.
- Ability to evaluate and assess existing legacy data assets with an eye on modernization and simplification.
- Ability to build and articulate a data architecture and delivery roadmap indicating current, transition, and future state architectures, focused around clear benefits to both IT and business users.
- Proven experience in architecture governance, controls, and peer reviews in regards to data, security, and cloud.
- Experienced in developing architecture reference models for data governance and control.
- Ability to lead software evaluations including RFP development, capabilities assessment, formal scoring models, and delivery of executive presentations supporting a final directional recommendations.
- Ability to authentically and effectively communicate with various stakeholders across business and IT.
- Responsible for creating design patterns and best practices for data and the integration of data through the enterprise.
- Responsible for creating reference architecture, and roadmap necessary to hold architecture delivery to the level of quality.
- Ability to understand and mitigate architecture risk and compromise
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated abilities working in large, multi-million dollar Data architecture programs.
- Proven ability to work with all levels within the IT and Business organization.
- Experience in influencing executive business and IT leadership.
- A self-motivated, directed, dynamic, positive, flexible, resourceful, and respectful individual.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well versed in the Data domains (Analytics, BI, Big Data, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Master Data, Unstructured Data).
- Ability to design and develop Business Process Management workflows, spanning both orchestration and human task use cases.
- Demonstrated expertise in message exchange patterns (synchronous request-reply, asynchronous fire-and-forget, broadcast-multi-cast, and publish-subscribe.)
- Experienced in SOA, with a deep understanding of web services (XSDs, WSDLs) used within an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Demonstrated expertise with transformation techniques, including but not limited to transformation, aggregation, decomposition, abstraction, and canonicalization.
- Hands-on ability to build and manage enterprise canonical models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
- Demonstrated expertise in defining and implementing distributed enterprise component-based architecture and frameworks to support abstraction.
- Proven ability to work with various service transports and protocols (i.e. SOAP, HTTP, MQ, etc.).
- Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter or ClaimCenter is a plus.
- Insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Hands-on ability to build and manage enterprise data models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
- Experience with unstructured or semi-structured data design and implementation.
- Hands on experience with data profiling tools and processes.
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modeling techniques.
- 7-10+ years in similar role.
- Guidewire experience (PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, DataHub).
- Insurance experience is preferred.
- Prior working knowledge with Salesforce and Salesforce object model.
- Certifications in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (i.e. TOGAF, Zachman, EABOK, EACOE, etc).
- Insurance data model experience (i.e. IAA and Accord).
- Canonical management tools (i.e. IgniteXML).
- Experience with traditional data warehouse analyst, ETL developer, or BI / information delivery developer.
- Experience with Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MongoDb, Greenplum, MySQL, etc.
- Data modeling, reverse-engineering, and profiling tools, e.g. ERwin, Embarcadero, Data Explorer, Data Flux.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing. Physical Environment:
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment. Education Requirements:
4 year degree. IT background or emphasis preferred. Experience Requirements
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- 10+ years in technology, consulting background would be preferred.
- Experience with any existing Cloud Service Provider (e.g. Amazon EC2, Google, or Microsoft Azure.
- Possess at least seven years of experience in the position or a very similar related position.
- Experience of both on premise and Cloud Integration frameworks (i.e. Oracle ESB, Message Broker, DataPower, Cast Iron, Boomi).
- 5 years’ experience of solution design associated with data modeling, message modeling, and Integration.
- Additional 3-5 years working in another role within an IT delivery team, such as a developer, business/data analyst, quality assurance analyst, ETL developer, DBA.
A little about us: