Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. QUALIFICATIONS
Dell EMC recognizes that the technology landscape is constantly changing. Virtualization, converged datacenter technologies, and cloud computing require an ever-increasing level of technical expertise. In response, Dell EMC has launched a game changing, Enterprise-class support service offering - Dell EMC ProSupport Enterprise Suite.
Principal Engineers (II / I9) in Enterprise SST, must meet constant challenges to maintain and grow deep technical knowledge, provide effective domain leadership, and demonstrate strong business acumen. They are technical consultants to the business and to partners both internal and external. The following points summarize the skill and effectiveness required of an Enterprise SST Domain Lead, which is over and above the responsibility of their peers.
- Consult/Advise on business solutions and initiatives for SDS, GEDS, Sales, PG, DSC, and other organizations
- Technical consultation to validate proposed solutions spanning Virtualization, Operating System, converged technologies & Datacenter
- Input on development for NPI, M&As, and other upstream processes affecting Support
- Develop policy and procedure for team-level issues, and contribute to larger policy councils
- Provide guidance and critical input for initiatives (Examples: Revamp new-hire onboarding process; Develop Certification Matrix and associated policies)
- Identify gaps in capability & business processes and deliver solutions affecting groups inside and outside of SDS
- Broad training initiatives such as developing Red Hat and VMware certified instructors in-house
- Develop processes for formal support of other Dell EMC groups (P&P for intake of field engineer issues for GEDS/OSE)
- Develop processes and strategies for collaborative work with other support groups in Dell EMC, such as VXRail and Dell Hybrid Cloud Solution products
- Manage critical relationships with other teams, departments, organizations, vendors, and business partners
- Primary POC for process and procedure issues among Senior and Master Engineer teams across the organization
- Interface for P&P issues as well as special projects with DSG, PG, IT
Manage and maintain relationships with support organizations from vendors/partners such as Microsoft, Red Hat, and VMwareREQUIREMENTS
- Must maintain Capstone "Architect level" industry certifications i.e. RHCA, MCSM, VCAP-DCD
- Deep expertise across multiple technologies (datacenter and converged technologies) i.e. VDI, FLEX, Data Center Virtualization, VXRack, ScaleIO
- Technical Escalation point for critical issues from all groups contained in or associated with SDS worldwide
- Escalations oversight (Crit-sit, Sev 1, Executive) for Senior & Master Engineers
- Manage technical engagements to/from vendors & partners (Microsoft, VMware, Redhat, Citrix, etc.)
- Technical POC for technical consulting & architectural design issues from Dell Solutions Center, GEDS, Sales, IT, IPS/PG, etc.
- Must meet & exceed technical requirements placed on Master Engineers, and with an increased scope
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell
encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Product Services
Job ID: R93177
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.