Enterprise Sales Excellence Manager
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places, they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what human’s dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
The Impact You’ll Be Making:
• The Sales Excellence Lead is a strategic, individual contributor acting as the trusted advisor to the Segment Lead, Customers and Partners.
• This is a sales leadership role that requires 50%+ of time meeting with customers/partners and coaching sales managers and sellers.
• It is a critical role that looks left-right across the segment business as a sales leader: meeting with customers and partners, calling risk and upside, stewarding culture and business transformation, running/leading the business, and coaching/driving sustainable business discipline and execution excellence with sales managers.
This role’s role primary accomplishments include:
• Stewarding culture and business transformation 10%:
o Provide and drive action from insights to the Segment Leadership team, leveraging the Seller Pulse that will help remove selling time roadblocks, increase seller capability and effectiveness
o Advise sales management on become more effective coaches to their team resulting in increased individual and team capability
• Leading segment change in Global Sales Transformation Leading/Running the Business 20%:
o During business reviews coach and advise on sales motions/strategies for up-sell and co-sell opportunities. Drive awareness to product mix needed to meet targets, generate new business and accelerate the close of existing opportunities
o Establish and drive a well-defined, predictable business planning and rhythm of the business (ROB), well-understood by the Segment Leadership Team that enforce great discipline in sales processes and consumption processes and delivers over-achievement of business results through core sales and consumption motions
• Meeting with customer / partners and coaching sales managers / sellers 60%+:
o Obtain first-hand insights on customer/partner issues and aspirations through targeted customer /partner engagements (e.g., customer visits, EBCs, executive business reviews, executive sponsor to core set of strategic accounts and/or deals, etc.)
o Leverage business insights and transformational leading indicators (TLIs) to benchmark performance and define actions to drive the right role-specific behaviors needed to grow the business faster than the overall market.
• Execution Excellence 10%: Strategic and trusted advisor to segment leadership and sales management driving and instilling process discipline, adherence to standards, excellence in execution while holding each accountable to quality and accuracy
Who we’re looking for?
• 10+ years of related experience in: Sales or Channel management/leadership, Business Transformation, Business Development
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA/Masters a plus with focus on economics, finance, organizational management, business management preferred
Organizational Leadership, Strategic Insights, Trusted Advisor, Strategic Sales Planning, Sales Team Leadership Professional Competencies: Adaptability, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Influencing Impact, Judgement, Collaboration, Executive Maturity/Presence, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving, Organized & Disciplined, Initiates/Embraces Change
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.