Responsible for driving profitable growth, customer satisfaction, and expanding JCI share in assigned enterprise accounts by implementing strategic account management. Work with the NA BE organization to develop, coordinate, and deploy a strategic account management plan to achieve and leverage the full breadth of JCI offerings with this customer base. . Responsible for the development, deployment, and ongoing communication of an integrated strategic account plan with coordination and engagement with the branch field organization. Ensuring that assigned accounts have an active executive sponsor. The account plans should cover all Johnson Controls total enterprise offerings and capabilities for each assigned account.
1. Utilizes business acumen in order to understand the customer's business for each of the assigned accounts, provides industry input in order to develop the Johnson Controls value proposition.
2. Establishes and develops deep partnering relationships with the customer's executive management team and other customer decision-makers, engaging Johnson Controls executive management team with customer as appropriate. Effectively communicates with the entire account team to ensure the clients expectations are exceeded in all JCI LOBs. Executes an effective relationship zippering program with the customer's organization to ensure that key customer contacts are covered by the JCI customer account team throughout North America.
3. Leads the development of each assigned Strategic Account Plan and strategy coordinating with the appropriate branch & region resources, sales directors, operational support personnel, executive sponsor, and knowledge experts utilizing established account strategy process including the standard account planning templates and tools. The plan should describe all actions required to expand JCI presence within the customer's facility portfolio by selling additional scope of services.
4. Implements the strategic account plan and associated action plans ensuring that executive management is continually informed of progress and account status. Involves JCI Executive Management as appropriate. Ensures Enterprise Accounts have an engaged Executive Sponsor. Conducts at a minimum, quarterly Strategic Account Reviews for all key accounts.
5. Tracks all opportunities with each assigned account using approved systems and qualifies all opportunities using the JCI sales process.
6. Established and fosters team relationships within assigned account teams and within appropriate BE&GWS Regions, and Branches to ensure customer satisfaction. Serves as an executive level point of escalation for customer satisfaction issues.
7. Provides information on current and future pursuits and pipeline across assigned accounts as required to the associated leadership teams. Forecasts and tracks growth against the established baseline and account plan.
8. Engages appropriate sales support resources determined by the JCI sales and business development process, including functional experts/subject matter experts, energy, operational, engineering, technical, financial, and legal support when necessary.
9. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment within assigned relationships.
10. Demonstrates sound decision making with politically astuteness and adherence to company policies and procedures.
11. Ability to work within a matrix organization and work closely with all business divisions to meet very short deadlines often requiring long periods of continuous work.
12. A motivated team player with successful history of leading a diverse group.
13. Influencer at all organizational levels, including the ability to develop credibility and trust quickly with senior managers/decision makers.
14. Able to think strategically, manage risk and be innovative in problem solving.
15. Ability to interpret technical information and adapt it to the needs of a business audience.
16. Ability to present information to a variety of audiences, external and internal.
17. Demonstrates high business acumen and understanding of finance
1. An undergraduate degree is required, with a preference for business administration, engineering or financial majors. An MBA is highly preferred.
2. Ten years of progressive responsibility in strategic sales or sales management to large customers, with a proven track record of providing strategic account management to large organizations through matrix environments, requiring multi-million dollar complex contracts.
3. Significant knowledge base in corporate facility and technology solutions including service, building technology, HVAC, energy and/or security/fire solutions.
4. Proven experience as a business executive with sound financial and management skills and experience managing metrics-oriented performance objectives.
5. Strong personal computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
6. Willing and able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.