PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Enterprise Systems Solutions (ESS) practice comprises a global network of professionals who provide a full range of services that drive companies to fully leverage enabling technologies and IT assets to enable business processes. Our teams bring industry-leading controls experience and expertise across multiple platforms, technologies and data.
Our teams provide multiple services, including:
-Enterprise systems controls integration and optimization;
-Enterprise system pre/post implementation services;
-Implementation of GRC enabled technologies;
-System implementation assurance;
-Program and portfolio assessments; and,
-Enterprise reporting and XBRL.
PwC ESS professionals bring the right mix of risk and controls experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialized skill sets into a client's environment. This mix of knowledge provides an integrated view beyond ERP to connect data in more meaningful ways.
Along with an end to end view of the IT ecosystem to drive efficiency, effectiveness and control for our clients.
Risk Assurance Oracle will provide a broad range of assessments and recommend services specific to the Oracle EBS, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft
("Oracle") and Oracle GRC platforms related to controls around the financial reporting process, including business process and IT management controls. The team provides multiple services related to security and controls assessment, design, recommendation and configuration of Oracle as well as Oracle GRC including:
- Assessing, recommending and configuring financial and operational controls around the Oracle application
- Pre- and post-implementation assurance reviews of an Oracle implementation/major upgrades
- Oracle project assurance services (including gate reviews)
- Application security and segregation of duties
- Assessing, recommending and configuration of Oracle GRC technologies
- Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and controls optimization services
- Utilization of existing Oracle functionality to replace / enhance manual controlsPosition/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2 years of Oracle controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or other business fields of study.
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge of and/or success in roles participating in the design, implementation, and/or assessment of controls related to multiple versions of the Oracle product suiteâ€”Peoplesoft, JDE, core financial modules, projects, some industry specific modules and/or bolt-on products, emphasizing the following areas for a global network of professional services firms:
- Understanding SDLC projects for the Oracle environment, emphasizing the leading the planning and execution of projects that include product implementations, security and control configurations and solutions, and/or optimizations of business process controls and application security
especially with facilitating core Oracle and Oracle GRC modules, other GRC applications and technologies, and industry-specific modules/products; and,
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships.
Prior success in roles managing configurations and implementations within Oracle GRC environments in a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist is preferred.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with performing on large engagements that involve facilitating with staff and managers as they perform assessments to evaluate controls, security, and segregation of duties as it relates to Oracle product optimization, implementation and/or configurations, emphasizing the following areas:
- Understanding clients' business, industry and/or technologies through developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client's business, as well as leveraging project management skills in relation to Oracle projects
including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Developing thought leadership and sharing lead practices on Oracle risk, controls, and Oracle GRC configuration;
- Identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, as well as configuration of controls around security, business process and within the Oracle GRC modules;
- Collaborating with systems integrators in developing business requirements and business controls in Oracle-related and Oracle GRC-related implementations;
- Adapting work programs and practice aids, as well as performing assessments, using PwC's proprietary or other relevant tools to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and potential for optimization; and,
- Performing as a team leader by creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations, and respecting the work-life quality of team members
including providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress.