Dell Compellent Copilot Systems Engineer - Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Dell Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Copilot Systems Engineer to join our team in Edina, Minnesota.
The Copilot Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing proactive and reactive technical support in a 24x7 environment. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing customer facing, expert level consultative and escalation
support for Dell Compellent Storage Center and Applications
- Collaboration with Dell Compellent’s Copilot Solutions Engineers to
customer Storage Center issues
-Working with other vendor support teams to ensure customer issues are
resolved in a timely manner
- Advising peer technical and marketing teams on matters that affect
overall customer experience; identifying targets for proactive maintenance
or other systematic field issues
- Documentation of technical software and hardware problems for internal
and external distribution
- Degree in Computer Science or a two year technical degree with
equivalent industry working experience.
- Minimum four years customer support experience in Storage,
Server administration or networking help-desk environment.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- In-depth knowledge of Shared Storage technologies in Open
- Experience with network switch technologies (Ethernet, Fibre
Channel) deployment, configuration, monitoring, and support.
- Current Industry certifications (Microsoft, Linux, VMWare, etc).
- Specialized expertise in NAS, VMWare, Microsoft, xNIX, and/or
Storage Networking technologies
- Goal oriented and motivated to succeed in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication with the ability to handle stressful situations
and demanding customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree is desired, but not required.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them
to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding
them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Product Services - Enterprise Technical Support*
**Title:** *Enterprise Technical Support Advisor*
**Location:** *MN-Eden Prairie*
**Requisition ID:** *16000SUT*