Enterprise Support Engineer (IE)
Dell recognizes that the technology landscape is constantly changing. Virtualization, converged datacenter technologies, and cloud computing require an ever-increasing level of technical expertise. In response, Dell has launched a game changing, Enterprise-class support service offering -- Dell ProSupport Enterprise Suite.
Dell ProSupport delivers:
• Enterprise-wide support that covers the entire datacenter
• Highly skilled technical advisors who understand the IT needs and objectives of our customers
• Personalized solutions to improve productivity and stability
We are building a team with deep knowledge of complex, emerging technologies as well as broad capabilities across multivendor, datacenter environments. Join us as we change the nature of enterprise support.
As managing technology gets harder, we are getting smarter. Are you ready to help build the future?
As an Enterprise ProSupport Engineer, you will deliver innovative, technical solutions across a wide spectrum of datacenter technologies to Dell ProSupport customers. You will work in a collaborative environment, leveraging cross-functional relationships in networking, storage and server technologies. You will have vast opportunities to develop technical competency in complex solutions involving systems management, networking, direct attached storage, server hardware, virtualization, and enterprise operating systems and applications. You will work closely with peers and receive real-time assistance from Senior Engineers to diagnose, reproduce and resolve customer issues. You will devise logical troubleshooting approaches to make significant decisions having considerable impact on normal operations, profitability, and/or brand of Dell.
* Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer technical problems across datacenter-wide environments
* Collaborate with peers, team leads, and Senior ProSupport Engineers as appropriate to resolve customer issues maintaining complete ownership of issues from beginning to resolution
* Demonstrate case management skills for each customer/case by managing timelines, complexity, and communications
* Follow up with customers via phone and email to ensure accurate resolution for their technical issues
* Work on highly complex customer technical issues requiring sound judgment in order to resolve problems and provide recommendations
* Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify root cause of complex technical scenarios
* Document problems, diagnostics, interactions, next steps, and solutions implementation in the CRM tool
* 1 year of relevant experience
* 1 or more Industry certifications recommended
· Server Hardware skills
· knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
· Analytical ability to gather and interpret data
· Knowledge of current industry products and technologies
· Competent verbal and writing skills
Dell highly values additional competencies including:
· Systems Management technology
· Network and Direct Attached Storage
· Linux OS
· MS Apps (Exchange, AD, Lync, or SharePoint)
· Server Virtualization technology
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Product Services - Enterprise Technical Support*
**Title:** *Enterprise Technical Support Analyst*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000Z47*
**Other Locations:** *North America-US-OK-Oklahoma City*