Dell Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Enterprise Technical Support Analyst to join our team in Edina, Minnesota.
The Enterprise Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for providing proactive and reactive technical support in a 24x7 environment. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for assisting with problem determination and problem resolution
- Be creative in delivering problem solutions in preventing or resolving system
- Due to interconnectivity of other vendor’s products (switches, servers, etc.) it will
be necessary for the Copilot Engineer to perform these duties with the entire
deployment solution in mind.
- Copilot Engineers are responsible for proactive customer service duties that
assist Business Partners and End Users in maximizing the Storage Center
- This position will interact with both technical and non-technical personnel and
must be able to communicate effectively via telephone, email, and in person.
- Copilot Engineers will focus on post sales support but may assist with pre sales
activities as needed.
- Travel (Domestic & International) on short notice and overnight stay is likely with
- Assist team members with both technical and non-technical issues involving the
-Provide mentoring for Copilot Engineers who are learning the Storage Center
and customer communication skills.
- Copilot Engineers are subject to Off-Duty / On-Call support that will be scheduled
on a rotational basis. This requires the Copilot Engineer to be accessible and
deliver solutions that are in response to customer inquiries.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, a two year technical degree or
equivalent working experience within a technology driven environment.
- Minimum two years customer support experience in Storage, Server
administration or networking help-desk environment.
- In-depth knowledge in Storage technologies and/or Open Systems technology is
- Data center experience involving servers, storage, networking and overall
- Experience with network switch technologies (Ethernet, Fibre Channel)
deployment, configuration, monitoring, and support.
- Current Industry certifications are helpful ( Microsoft, Linux, VMWare, etc).
- Goal oriented and motivated to succeed in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication with the ability to handle stressful situations and
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Training and mentoring experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Product Services - Enterprise Technical Support*
**Title:** *Enterprise Technical Support Analyst*
**Requisition ID:** *160012EZ*