Enterprise Triage Coordinator (Job Number: 023576)
Specialty Pharmacy - Str15443 - 10530 JOHN W ELLIOTT DR
10530 JOHN W ELLIOTT DR STE 100
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Assists with inbound and outbound triage requests for Local Specialty and Retail (Orlando) and routing to the most appropriate location for fulfillment. The Enterprise Triage Team (ETT) is a dedicated team that closely communicates with Central Operations, Local Specialty and Orlando and ensures triages are processed in a timely manner. This position will also interact with patients, physicians, as appropriate.
- Records and processes orders or inquiries recevied by fax, mail, telephone, and/or through patient direct contact.
- Provides timely response to patients' inquiries by telephone and/or email in an in or outbound service center, consistent with service and quality standards.
- Provides correct information or directs the call to the appropriate team member or department while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- May assist in creating referrals for inbound triaged prescriptions
- Assists in the intake Prep stage for Triaged referrals, including adding/updating prior authorization information and calling payers to update prior authorizations, as appropriate.
- May assists with the reporting on triage inbound and outbound requests.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- HS Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician or 6 months specialty pharmacy experience.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic Internet Explorer skills experience to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online
- Basic level PC skills experience (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Willing to work mandatory extra hours, this may include evenings, weekends and/or hours outside of normal business hours.
- Pharmacy Technician License or Certification preferred unless required by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- At least 1 year of experience in call center experience
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show)
- Experience in a healthcare or pharmacy setting
- Experience in calculating benefit usage balances, co-pays, days of supply, and other health insurance mathematical calculations.
- At least 1 year experience in obtaining prior authorizations, pharmacy benefit or medical billing experience
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.