Data Entry Pharmacy Technicians (training provided)- NEW CHANDLER FACILITY (Job Number: 028283)
CENTRAL PHARMACY OPERATIONS - 8350 S River Pky
8350 S River Pky
Want to get into the Pharmacy Technician career field? We will train you and pay for your trainee license! Full-time positions are available at the Central Pharmacy Operation located in the ASU Research Park in Tempe, AZ.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That's our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you'll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.Job Summary
Responsible for transcribing and verifying prescription information into a computer terminal. Interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Reads, understands and follows Walgreens prescription data entry guidelines and procedures. Reads and reviews prescriptions, troubleshoots to obtain missing information in order to solve. Responsible for the accuracy and quality of data-input and troubleshooting prescription information.Job Responsibilities
- Transcribes and verifies prescription information into a computer terminal.
- Applies and maintains appropriate licensure/registration, as required by state regulations.
- Interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Reads and understands Walgreens prescription data entry guidelines and procedures.
- Reads, reviews, and enters prescriptions into the system; troubleshoots to obtain missing information in order to resolve (utilizing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, pharmaceutical mathematics, conversion measurements and percentages).
- Inputs images of prescriptions into the computer.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 months of work experience.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Basic Internet Explorer and emailing skills (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience utilizing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, pharmaceutical mathematics, conversion measurements and percentages
- Data entry skills.
- Experience troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Experience in retail pharmacy.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.