Candidate must be willing to work at one of the following location: Atlanta, GA; Cambridge, MA; Cleveland, OH; Littleton, MA; Raleigh, NC; Tuscon, AZ; Yorktown Heights, NYANTICIPATED START DATES WILL BE IN 2018
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems - there is no better place to launch your career!
Data Scientists extract knowledge or insights from structured or unstructured data. They draw upon the practice of data analysis, using predictive analytics, data mining, pattern recognition, data modeling, machine learning and various statistical methods in order to solve large scale optimization problems and to understand the meaning behind vast data sets.
What You'll Do:
- You will implement and validate predictive models and create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data
- You'll communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- You will use statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
Who You Are:
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- You have a basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R or SAS.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.