Eaton’s Vehicle Group is looking for a talented Entry Level
Manufacturing Engineer for the Belmond, IA facility.
Propose, coordinate and implement projects
related to manufacturing engineering. Conduct activities to achieve daily and
long term safety, quality and productivity goals. Participates in business unit
team meetings and helps the team accomplish department action plans. Develops
safety improvements and works with team to support required upgrades to
- Create capital appropriation requests
- Justify capital equipment purchases.
- Research and select vendors for
capital projects. Create drawings for components and/or machine design using
- Develop and coordinate projects
utilizing basic project management and structured project management skills.
- Evaluate machine capabilities and
recommend additions, replacements and rebuilds.
- Conduct new machine and machine
- Establish specifications for requests
- Design and recommend improved manufacturing
- Work with business unit teams to
develop goals and objectives for that area.
- Implement cost savings ideas.
- Evaluate and recommend process
improvements to improve quality.
- Research and develop solutions to
OSHA, ANSI and internal safety requirements for processes and equipment.
- Troubleshoot process problems as
related to productivity and quality.
- Coordinate testing to optimize
performance of MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Operating) supply items.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or
currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a graduation date no
later than December 2017 from an accredited institution
- Legally authorized to work in the
United States without company sponsorship
- Experience with Autocad Inventor or
similar CAD system
- Ability to communicate with varies
levels of an organization
- Experience with problem solving tools
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar CAD
- Technical knowledge in machine
function, processes, control systems, and CNC operations
- Prior experience with capital
equipment justification, project scheduling and project planning
- Previous Lean Experience (principles,
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.