Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Responsibilities in this position could include:
- Prepare client financial statements, NQs Form N-MFP, N-SAR etc. and process comments as necessary; assists with draft and support distribution to client and auditors
- Log any issues that impact the financial statement process with internal parties and follow up with resolution
- Perform line by line and footing of typeset documents and assists in the coordination of comments to the printer
- Prepare closing entries for Accounting
- Perform the following functions to facilitate financial statement preparation: input various data elements and comparison of financial data related to prior period financial statements, maintain security detail in financial reporting database.
- Prepare first draft of semi-annual and annual Form N-SAR.
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Other duties as required
- BS/BA or equivalent accounting/financial services experience preferred.
- 0 to 1 year of experience in custody, fund accounting or related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 146954
Kansas City, MO
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.