Tallmadge , Ohio - United States Shift:
7p-7a Rotating Schedule SUMMARY
The primary objective of this position is to manage and safely operate all End of Line requirements. Principal Duties and Responsibilities for End of Line Operations:
- Work safe and follow all safety rules and rules of conduct.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all areas of the Plant.
- Know location of all jam-up and emergency stop buttons and use of phone paging system.
- Be able to accurately perform board inspections and accurately measure objects using a standard tapes measure and a six inch scale.
- Be able to operate unit wrapper and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate board grinders and prepare and feed scrap products.
- Be able to operate compactor equipment and associated tasks.
- Be able to properly set up and operate cutting machine.
- Be able to operate printer equipment and bar code machine.
- Be able to operate a tow motor and obtain license. Additional Responsibilities:
- Read and understand production schedule.
- Comply with all plant rules.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comply with daily attendance required according to plant attendance policy and maintain a good attendance record.
- Be a team player
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to observe moving equipment.
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to read a scale and tape measure.
- Ability to accomplish all of the above without direct supervision.
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook to send and receive plant communications.
- Navigate Talent Center and complete on-line training courses routinely
- Print labels using Printware computer system.
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance.
- Work up to 12+ hours in hot/cold manufacturing environment.
- Walk/stand on concrete floor continuously for up to 12 hours.
- Safeguard self with Personal protective Equipment (PPE) - steel-toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) hearing protection and long sleeved shirt (with shirt tail tucked in) as necessary for tasks.
About Owens Corning
- Use cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties in accordance with all safety rules.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.