Arconic has an exciting opportunity for a Utility Person to work in our Global Rolled Products Division located in Texarkana, TX. This facility specializes in aluminum cast plate. Utility Person is an entry level position and a core component for our workforce as one of the world's largest aluminum producers. The Utility Person operates equipment and performs tasks that support the various production and service units. A Utility Person performs general labor duties that include the use of torches, shovels, other hand tools and operation of some mobile equipment in a heavy industrial environment while supporting and assisting in maintenance of plant equipment. Job Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks that support various producing units using basic hand tools, pneumatic equipment, gauges, oxygen lances, power actuated tools, and torches.
- Work with and around materials that may be hot, heavy or sharp, and hazardous chemicals.
- Attend specialized environmental training as required by the EHS Department.
- Assist, maintains, and completes all necessary production reports, written and via computer terminal. Remove ingots from casting pit by use of radio controlled overhead cranes.
- Operate material handling equipment such as overhead and mobile cranes of various sizes and types.
- Assists in inspecting and performing maintenance on equipment.
- Handles, transports, and processes product and materials in excess of 40lbs.
** This job description should not be implied that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any related instruction, acquire related job skills, and perform any other related duties required.Basic Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with ability to perform basic math, read and comprehend written instructions and follow both written and verbal instructions
- At least 1 year of manufacturing /industrial experience
- Experience working in a heavy industrial setting
- Experience in a molten metal environment
- Experience in a role that included Environmental Health and Safety responsibilities for a team or facility (ex. safety committee member, safety trainer, safety incident investigation involvement)