We are immediately hiring for Cable Technicians and Cable Pullers in Columbus, OH area.General Responsibilities:
- Install and pull voice and data cable (conduit, CAT 5, CAT 6 and fiber)
- Terminate distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Test cable and perform basic network troubleshooting issues
- Install support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- Perform service/troubleshooting tasks on existing cable
- Perform other cabling, electrical, or wiring duties, as assigned
- Must be okay with heights, working on ladders and scissor lifts
- Previous experience installing CAT 5, CAT 6, and fiber in new or existing build environments
- Proficient with basic cabling tools (e.g. punch down, snips, wire strippers, work boots, etc.)
- Reliable reliable vehicle with valid driver's license
- Ability to distinguish color-coded wire / strong knowledge of color code
- Must be local to greater Columbus, OH surrounding area
- Position requires successful completion of drug screen and background check
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To be considered for this opportunity, apply with resume and contact directly.Thank you for your time and consideration!About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.